Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie Taisen Mega Max
|Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie Taisen Mega Max|
仮面ライダー×仮面ライダーフォーゼ＆オーズ MOVIE大戦MEGA MAX
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
December 10, 2011|
May 21, 2012 (Retail)
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Gross revenue||1.51 billion yen|
|Movie Taisen series|
|< Core||Fourze & OOO
Movie Taisen Mega Max
|< Fourze Ep 13||Fourze Ep 14 >|
|< OOO Ep 48||Fukkatsu no Core Medal >|
- Winter 2011, Movie Taisen will evolve.
- This winter, the ultimate excitement kitaaa!!
- On land, sea, and in space! A mega super battle that will cross dimensions!
- Meteors from space fly by the Rabbit Hutch and fall upon the Earth. Some of the impacts are near where Eiji is traveling.
- When W, OOO, and Fourze meet, they acknowledge each others' previous meetings in the movies. Plus Foundation X forms a connection across the series.
- The implications at the end of the OOO part of the movie is that someday, Eiji will figure out a way to fix Ankh's Medal and restore him to life.
- Kamen Rider Meteor / Ryuusei makes his first public appearance at the end of the movie. In a lot of ways, the movie acts as a harbinger for Meteor's introductions. The movie's story begins with a meteor shower. Plus Nadeshiko wears a school uniform from Subaruboshi, the same high school as Ryuusei.
Kamen Rider Poseidon (仮面ライダーポセイドン)
Kamen Rider Aqua (仮面ライダーアクア)
Kamen Rider Nadeshiko (仮面ライダーなでしこ)
Kamen Rider Fourze Rocket Drill States (仮面ライダーフォーゼ ロケットドリルステイツ)
Kamen Rider OOO Super Tatoba Combo (仮面ライダーオーズ スーパータトバコンボ)
Kamen Rider Meteor (仮面ライダーメテオ)
Kamen Rider Fourze
- The Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider OOO
- Kamen Rider W
- The Legendary Seven Riders
Misaki Nadeshiko (美咲撫子) / Kamen Rider Nadeshiko (仮面ライダーなでしこ)
- Played by: Mano Erina
- In actuality is a sentient space lifeform called SOLU. Has the ability to copy other lifeforms. While on Earth, she copied a girl from Subaruboshi High. She turns into Nadeshiko by copying Gentarou's Fourze transformation.
- While Kengo says repeatedly that SOLU is not sentient, in the end she shows that she does have intelligence and memory. Also, SOLU is an anagram of "soul".
- Trivia Named after the soccer team that won the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Final against America. They are known as Nadeshiko Japan. Nadeshiko is a pink flower that symbolizes femininity. Nozama also says that she has a pink aura. The term "Yamato Nadeshiko" is a woman who displays the feminine virtues of old Japan.
- Played by: Arai Atsushi
- A Kamen Rider from the future. Is actually a failed Rider named Aqua. He can't transform because he's afraid of water. He accepts a Rider Belt from future Kougami, but the Medals take over him and he becomes possessed by Kamen Rider Poseidon. After Eiji and Ankh free him and instill him with courage, he overcomes his mental hurdle and becomes Kamen Rider Aqua.
- Trivia Minato means "harbor, port". Miharu means "lookout". So together his name means "The lookout at the harbor". Apparently Poseidon's catchphrase is telling people it's a waste of time to plead for their lives.
- Played by Dante Carver
- Kannagi's subordinate. Transforms into SuddenDeath (サドンダス), a Mutamit (ミュータミット).
- Trivia Even though his name is kataru, which is the Japanese word for "to talk", Kataru does not say a word in the whole movie. SuddenDeath is a monster from the old Rider series.
- He has a speaking line in the DC version.
Solaris (ソラリス) / Unicorn Zodiarts
- Played by: Hitomi Sanae
- Another subordinate.
- Trivia Solaris is Latin which means "of the sun". The actress who plays her is also a suit actor, and does the Kamen Rider Nadeshiko suit acting.
- Played by: Watanabe Azusa
- Kannagi's superior.
- Trivia The actress who plays her was MagiMother on MagiRangers.
- Played by: Masuoka Tooru
- An energy researcher for Foundation X.
- Trivia Super Galaxy King is a reference to the eponymous villain of the Skyrider movie, Kamen Rider: The Eight Riders vs. The Galaxy King. The actor for Kannagi was a top member of Under Anchor in Keitai Sousakan 7.
- Samurai Strong Style
- Lyrics: Show Ayanocozey
- Composer, Arranger: Marty Friedman
- Singer: Show Ayanocozey VS Marty Friedman
- Anything Goes! OOO Special Edit
- Lyrics: Fujibayashi Shoko
- Composer: Tatsuo (everset and Galveston 19)
- Arranger: Tatsuo, Nakagawa Koutarou
- Singer: Ohguro Maki × Hino Eiji (Watanabe Shu)
- Shout out
- Lyrics: Fujibayashi Shoko
- Composer, Arranger: Naruse Shuhei
- Singer: Hino Eiji (Watanabe Shu)
- The dragon palace fair that Chiyoko is running refers to the story of Urashima Tarou.
- The Rider Club dresses as the Rider that matches the Rider name that their own name homages. Gentarou dresses as Stronger for this, but doesn't actually get to do his bit because JK skipped out. Gentarou's the only one whose name is not a reference to a previous Kamen Rider.
- Kengo dresses as Ichigou.
- Shun dresses as Nigou.
- Miu dresses as V3.
- Yuuki dresses as Riderman.
- JK dresses as X.
- Nozama dresses as Amazon.
- Gentarou dresses as Stronger.
- The number 40 appears a lot since the movie was the last part of the Kamen Rider 40th anniversary project (plus Fourze has 40 Switches). Foundation X's plane is in Hangar 40. In addition, during the OOO section, the future Riders come from 40 years into the future. So like Back to the Future, the present day is the midpoint for most of the temporal events of the series.
It's unknown if the movie is canon in Fourze, although it probably is since there aren't any strong reasons to discount it. Movie is probably in canon with the OOO TV series.
- Reasons for it being canon
- For OOO, it's an epilogue to the final events of the last episode in the TV series.
- In Fourze, someone mentions love and Gentarou winces, probably remembering Nadeshiko.
- Fourze 41 mentions Nadeshiko and the Super Rocket Switch. There is no way for Mega Max to not be canon with the TV series now.
- Reasons that it's not canon
- Sakuta refers to himself as Kamen Rider Meteor, before he gets named that by Nozama in the TV series. Probably just a minor oversight though.
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Release date(s)||September 21, 2012|
|Running time||117 minutes|
An additional 20ish minutes were added to the DC version, bringing it up to 117 minutes.
- Gentarou doing Stronger's pose after transforming into Fourze.
- Extended scene of Gentarou talking with Yuuki and Tomoko after realizing that Nadeshiko wasn't human.
- The interaction between Gamou and Foundation X had an extended scene.
- Gotou and Kougami and Satanoka and Hina scenes were extended.
- Kannagi gets a bunch of new dialogue and even the silent black guy gets a speaking line.
In the DC, Gentarou's line from Stronger should have been: "Heaven, the earth, and the people call out to me! They call out to me to defeat evil! I am the warrior of justice, Kamen Rider Stronger!" Current sub has "earth" replaced with "blood".