Kamen Rider Fourze 37
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Star Student Selection
|Kamen Rider Fourze episode|
|Original air date||May 27, 2012|
|Kamen Rider Fourze|
|< Ep 36||Star Student Selection
|Ep 38 >|
|Aired with Go-Busters Mission 14|
|Astro Switch Secret Report >>
Hyper Battle DVD >>>
Air date: May 27, 2012
Important things that happened
- Most of the Rider Club pass a preliminary test to become astronauts. The rest of the episode is them going through group testing.
- One of their group members is Eline Suda, a transfer student from America who has a Caucasian father. Despite being brilliant and talented, she speaks in imperfect Japanese. She turns out to be Aquarius Zodiarts.
- Eline's Zodiarts identity is revealed when she transforms to heal Kengo, who had collapsed during the group testing. Aquarius has the ability to heal and regenerate, making her undefeatable.
- Eline is antagonistic towards Yuuki, who she views as half-hearted and having an impure reason for wanting to go into space. This is because her father was robbed of the chance to go to space by a celebrity.
- Switcher: Eline Suda (エリーヌ須田)
- Played by: Karen Takizawa (滝沢カレン)
- Height: 231cm
- Weight: 187kg
- Eline Suda - Karen Takizawa → エリーヌ須田 - 滝沢カレン
- Hyuuga Chinatsu - Nakamura Aya → 日向千夏 - 中村 綾
- Tatsugami Kou - Yokoyama Kazutoshi → 立神 吼 - 横山一敏
- Sugiura Yuuta - Itogi Kenta → 杉浦雄太 - 絲木建太
- This episode is a reference to the manga "Twin Spica", which is a story about teenagers who train to become astronauts. Notable comparisons:
- Both have a skinny antagonistic girl.
- One of the tests to become a student in the manga is being locked in a confined area in a group, and being forced to line up dominoes. In this, they have to fold cranes. There's also a substory in Twin Spica about origami.
- The students in Twin Spica are forced to deal with unexpected troubles, in the way the Fourze students are. An instance that occurs in both is a student becoming unwell while in the confined room.
- Another test in Twin Spica is taking apart equipment, mixing the group parts together, and reassembling them. In Fourze, the groups are forced to put together a robot using parts that the group shares.
- Karen Takizawa blogs about being on Fourze.
- Eline's "Uchuu iku zo" parallels Gentarou's "Uchuu kitaaa". In fact, she recognizes him as Fourze for it. This becomes an issue later since she tells Libra that he neglected to mention that fact.
- Apparently Eline's Japanese is imperfect. She makes little mistakes here and there. That's how Gentarou recognizes her in Aquarius form. Since she's a teenager still in her flashback, she's probably been in Japan at least a few years.
- Eline Suda's Japanese pronunciation Erinu Suda is an anagram of Eridanus, a constellation that represents a river. Aquarius is the constellation that means "water-bearer" and its symbol represents "water".
- There's two parts to Gamou's bonus question. "Combing math, physics, and English into one word." The first answer is "oteage / to throw up your hands and give up". Upon doing this, one would see that the pages combine to form the kanji for "hoshi / star". See image as proof: "Make a wish upon a star".
- The editing of the previous episode footage hints that this is a Yuuki episode. Plus, Makise appears, and he was the foe in a Yuuki episode.