Kamen Rider W 01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
W Lookup / These Two Detectives are One
Wの検索 / 探偵は二人で一人
|Kamen Rider W episode|
|Original air date||September 6, 2009|
|Kamen Rider W|
|W Lookup / These Two Detectives are One
Wの検索 / 探偵は二人で一人
|Ep 02 >|
|Aired with Shinkenger Act 28|
Air date: September 6, 2009
Important things that happened
- Hidari Shoutarou assists his Boss to rescue a young man from a certain organization. Unfortunately, the Boss is shot to death during the attempt.
- Shoutarou and the young man survived the escape when they transform into a superman.
- Present Day
- In the city of Futo, Shoutarou has an unpleasant visit from his new boss, Narumi Akiko. Shoutarou hides the truth from Akiko about her father's death.
- Tsumura Marina files a request to find her boyfriend, Togawa Yousuke.
- Akiko ends up meeting Philip after stumbling into a secret room. She learns from Shoutarou about Futo's citizens are being brainwashed by devices known as GaiaMemories.
- Philip locates Togawa's next target through the Planetary Bookshelves with evidence from the crime scene and Shoutarou's suggested keywords.
- Memory Owner: Togawa Yousuke (戸川陽介)
- Played by: YOH
- Height: 235cm
- Weight: 270kg
- A Dopant with pyrokinetic abilities.
- CycloneJoker = Joker Extreme
- Shoutarou's name is an homage to Ishinomori Shoutarou the creator of Kamen Rider. It's a tie-in to the 10 year anniversary of Heisei Kamen Rider.
- Because Decade was only 31 episodes, W was the start of the Heisei Rider TV series starting and ending around September instead of January. This allowed toys to be staggered with Sentai which retained it's quarter one to quarter one yearly status.
- In the Narumi Detective Agency office, a book collection with a couple copies of "The Long Goodbye" can be seen. It might have been passed down to Shoutarou from the Boss.
- Philip's name is based on the protagonist of that story, Philip Marlowe.
- Raymond Chandler is the author of the The Long Goodbye. So, the novels in the bookshelf are all translated from English to Japanese language.
- The book next to the The Long Goodbye is the translated version of The Big Sleep novel; Raymond Chandler is also the author.
- Marina was Shoutarou's friend when they were younger. They both grew up as orphans.
- Jinno asks Shoutarou and Makura if they're a dog and a monkey. This comes from the Japanese belief that dogs and monkeys don't get along.
- When Akiko runs into Philip for the first time, he's entrenched in his study of magma. This probably happened because he learned that the Dopant is the Magma Dopant.
- There are seagull wind devices on the top of the Kamome Billiards. That's because Kamome is Japanese for "seagull".
- Kazetani Branch might be a reference to the Ghibli movie, Nausicaa. It means "Wind valley".
- According to Shoutarou's phone, it's Friday September 11, 2009 when he confronts Magma Dopant at Kazetani.
- Wakana tongue clicks at least twice in the episode.
- Akiko's "I didn't hear anything about this." is said at least three times.
- Akiko hits Shoutarou once or twice with a slipper.
- Philip says "How thrilling." twice.