Kamen Rider Agito 29
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mystery of the Numbers!?
|Kamen Rider Agito episode|
|Original air date||August 19, 2001|
|Kamen Rider Agito|
|< Ep 28||Mystery of the Numbers!?
|Ep 30 >|
|Aired with GaoRanger Quest 26|
Air date: August 19, 2001
Important things that happened
- The Piscis Arapaima Unknown kills bar Mirage master, Sano Minoru. Hikawa and Kouno report the case to the police officials. Kouno explains the victim's real name is Takagi Isamu; he was a part of the phantom thieves famous for robbing banks seven years ago. At one point, Takagi was eventually sentenced to jail for his crimes and then he was released years later. Takagi would go on to commit more robberies, but he noticed his activities drew too much attention. He went through a plastic surgery as well as changing his name to Sano Minoru, so that he could avoid getting arrested again.
- According to the police report, Takagi has a little brother whose name is Takagi Akira. Since the phantom thieves were a two-man group, the little brother was also responsible for robbing banks with Takagi together. He was not arrested before, yet he is still wanted in the public. The police are unable to catch him because he most likely also went through a plastic surgery to cover his activities.
- After Takagi's death, the police speculate the Piscis Arapaima Unknown will attack the little brother, Takagi Akira. The report describes there are two associates who are close to Takagi; one of them is the little brother. The police see this as their only chance to arrest Takagi Akira because an arrest warrant was issued years ago to arrest the phantom thieves. The warrant expires within three days; if they can't catch the little brother, they can't charge him for the serial bank robberies he committed over the years.
- At the crime scene, Hikawa finds a notebook with one page written as 0-15-30-X. He seeks Mana's help to discover the meaning behind the numbers. Mana isn't able to help him even though she uses her power. Hikawa brings Shouichi and Mana to interrogate two of Takagi's associates. Shouichi interrupts and issues a tennis match against both men which he and Hikawa lost 30-40 to them. Hikawa finally recognizes the 0-15-30-X numbers are tennis points; X stands for 40. He goes through a copy of the bar Mirage menu and finds out Macallan whiskey is listed as number 40 on the menu. Hikawa deduces the Takagi brothers keep the stolen bank money in a hidden cabinet behind bottles of Macallan whiskey at bar Mirage. Mana uses her power and senses one of the associates they met earlier is Takagi Akira. Hikawa arrests the real Takagi Akira for committing serial bank robberies with Takagi Isamu. He suits up as G3-X and collaborates with Agito to defeat the Piscis Arapaima Unknown together.
- Sawaki discovers Ryou's body is floating on a river.
- Piscis Arapaima (ピスキス・アラパイマ)
- Voiced by: Shiono Katsumi (塩野勝美)
- Pirarucu (Male pirarucu) ピラルクー (ピラルク男)
- piscis：Fish 魚
- arapaima：Scientific name for a South American fish. アマゾン川流域に棲息する世界最大の淡水魚ピラルクーの学名は Arapaima gigas
- Means "red fish" in the native language. 現地語で「赤い魚」とのこと
- Killing Method: Gives people the bends without them being submerged first.
- Female Detective (Investigating the identity of Takagi) - Maeda Mari → 刑事 (高木勇の正体を調べた) - 前田真里
- 藤島仁 - Yamazaki Daisuke → 藤島 仁 - 山崎大輔
- Takagi Isamu (Alias Sano Minoru) - 海一生 → 高木勇？ - 海 一生
- Namiki who was close to Takagi? - Takahashi Osamu → 高木勇と親交のあった並木？ - 高橋 修
- Kouno Kouji - Taguchi Kazumasa → 河野浩司 - 田口主将
- Sawaki Tetsuya - Ogawa Atsushi → 沢木哲也 - 小川敦史
- Police Official - Kazi Kentarou → 警視庁幹部 - 加地健太郎
- Police Official - Kanou Ken → 警視庁幹部 - 狩野 謙
- Police Official - Noguchi Masahiro → 警視庁幹部 - 野口雅弘
- Piscis Arapaima - Shiono Katsumi → ピスキス・アラパイマ - 塩野勝美
- During the investigation at the bar Mirage, Hikawa also comes across a menu consists of many whiskeys on the list such as Martini, Americano, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Cowboy, Hurricane, Los Angeles, Alexander, Honeymoon, American Beauty, Queen Elizabeth, Full house, Mockingbird, Angel's kiss, Macallan, and etc. The title has a wrong spelling which "Menu" is spelled as "Menew".
- Hikawa is skilled in playing tennis because he joined competitions in his high school years and won a tenth place. Based on his experience, Hikawa is serious about playing the sport. He does not accept Shouichi using a frying pan as a racquet because Shouichi's inexperience in tennis. Hikawa even does not accept losing a tennis match to somebody; in return he orders two big bowl of ramen to satisfy his disappointment for losing the match against the two Takagi's associates.
- One of the police officials describes the Sano Minoru murder case as "Literally two birds with one stone", which means arresting the little brother Takagi Akira while also defeating the Piscis Arapaima Unknown in one case.
note: site below is no longer accessible.
- Toei site (story)