Kamen Rider Wizard 01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Mage With the Rings
|Kamen Rider Wizard episode|
|Original air date||September 2, 2012|
|Kamen Rider Wizard|
|The Mage With the Rings
|Ep 02 >|
|Aired with Go-Busters Mission 28|
Air date: September 2, 2012
Important things that happened
- Plamonster Garuda notifies Haruto that it found something. Haruto is eating a doughnut from "Hungry Doughnuts".
- The police surround a building and enter, only to find oni/devil-looking monsters are attacking the workers there. They fire, but of course the bullets have no effect.
- Haruto bursts in through the factory wall, knocking over some grunts along the way. He transforms into Wizard. He defeats the grunts, but Phantom Minotauros gets away. Rinko sees him perform magic and introduces herself to him.
- Minotauros reports his failure to Phantom Phoenix and Phantom Medusa. Medusa reminds Minotauros that it's their job to create new Phantoms so that Wiseman (Wizard) can open a Sabbath.
- Haruto explains that the Phantoms are after humans with high levels of magic powers, known as Gates. He also explains that he can use magic because he has a Phantom in his body.
- Haruto tries to convince Rinko to leave the fighting to magic users. Rinko responds by saying she envies magic users, since they can use magic to do whatever they want, they probably have nothing to despair over. This triggers a flashback in Haruto where he sees people turning into demons.
- It turns out that Rinko is the Gate. The Phantom crushes her photo of her father to try to make her give into despair, thus creating a new Phantom, but Haruto reaches them in time.
- In battle, Wizard changes to his Land Style and Hurricane Style.
- To save Rinko, Wizard goes into the world of her mind, the Underworld, and fights the mass of magic within her. After defeating it, Rinko is no longer a Gate, so she won't be attacked again.
- Human form: Amino (網 野)
- Played by: RIKIYA
- Height: 227cm
- Weight: 185kg
- Ami means "net" in Japanese. It's a trap? Was a cop before he died and became Phantom Minotauros.
- Daimon Rinko (大門凛子)
- Underworld: Rinko's photo of her father.
- Played by: Takayama Yuuko (高山侑子)
- Height: 1,430cm
- Weight: 460kg
- The Phantom within Rinko. If it had escaped, would Rinko have become Phantom Jabberwock?
- Wizard's stunt actor is Takaiwa Seiji. In addition to playing most of the Heisei Riders, he was also the stunt actor of MagiRed in Mahou Sentai MagiRanger. It looks like he still remembers how to flap a cape. The main commander in this episode appears to be Phantom Phoenix too, phoenix being MagiRed's beast.
- They only refer to Haruto's magic user form as Wizard so far. No "Kamen Rider" in the name yet.
- Wizard shoots silver bullets, which apparently are effective. Maybe Rinko should get herself some of those for her gun.
- Misa talks about a Wiseman and a Sabbath. Misa means "mass" in Japanese. A Black Mass is said to be held on the Witch's Sabbath. Medusa also turns into Misa specifically to say this line, so it's probably no coincidence.
- The TV Asahi webpage seems to imply that the Drago Rise Ring releases the Phantom that's within Haruto. He uses this to fight in Underworld. If this is a Phantom that only lives inside Haruto, then it makes sense for it to be effective when fighting inside someone. Does this mean that Haruto's Phantom is the Phantom Dragon?
- In Koyomi's profile pic on the TV Asahi website, it shows that she has an Engage Ring already. She wears one in show. And Rinko also is still wearing hers at the end of the episode, even after Wizard leaves. If they're no longer Gates, it seems strange for him to leave the rings. Perhaps the Engage Ring cannot be removed once a person puts it on?
- The TV Asahi webpage lists all the Rings that Haruto used so far except for the Small Ring. Maybe it lists the rings that he uses as Wizard but when he uses them as Haruto.
- Garuda - At the very beginning.
- Unicorn & Kraken - After losing sight of the Phantom, Haruto sends out more familiars to help with the search.