Gokaiger Episode 20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Lost Forest
|Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger episode|
|Original air date||July 10, 2011|
|Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger|
|< Episode 19||The Lost Forest
|Episode 21 >|
|Aired with Kamen Rider OOO 41|
Air date: July 10, 2011
Important things that happened
- Seijyu Sentai Gingaman tribute episode.
- Navi's latest treasure navigation is to find a warrior in a sealed forest, which Gai quickly identifies as the Ginga Forest - home of the Gingaman. After Gai explains that the Gingaman protected Earth from a band of space pirates, Doc expresses worry while Gai admits he has no idea where the Ginga Forest actually is.
- Using Gai's copy of Haruhiko Aoyama's Book of Legends, the Gokaigers search for the entrance to the Ginga Forest and find themselves walking in circles before Hyuuga suddenly bursts out of the Ginga Forest's invisible barrier, followed by Basco and Sally.
- The Gokaigers tell Gai who Basco is, but he immediately recognizes Hyuuga. He introduces himself to the man before asking for his autograph. Basco then unleashes the three extra Rangers to hold off the Gokaigers so he can capture Hyuuga as Gai takes him to a safer place.
- While GokaiRed is forced to fight Sally to get to Basco, the other Gokaigers are easily defeated by the extra warriors as they are thrown into a river. Fortunately, they are saved by Ryouma; Doc thanks him for saving them, despite not initially recognizing who he is, as he and the others search for Gai and their captain.
- Meanwhile, Gai tends to Hyuuga's wounds while talking about himself just being a novice compared to him and the past Super Sentai groups. Hyuuga then asks him to give him the Gokai Cellular so he can be able to protect the world again. Despite a long hesitation, Gai is about to give Hyuuga the Gokai Cellular when Basco appears, using his trumpet to siphon the Great Power out of Hyuuga.
- GokaiRed intervenes to stop Basco, who then unleashes the Black Knight to battle him as the other three extra warriors arrive. Inspired by his captain's refusal to let go of his dream even if the odds are against him, Gai takes the GokaiCellular before Hyuuga can grab it. However, as the rest of the Gokaigers arrive, Hyuuga reveals that he was testing Gai's self worth as a protector of the world.
- GokaiSilver enters Gold Mode to defeat the Black Knight, with Hyuuga regaining the Black Knight Key, while the main five Gokaigers change into the Gingaman to weaken the other extra Sentai warriors.
- Though Deka Master, Wolzard Fire, and Magi Mother are eliminated, their Ranger Keys are recovered by Sally as Basco unleashes the Moonroid Tsukki. Tsukki was defeated by Shinken Gokai-Ou and GouJyuJin.
- Later, Hyuuga hands Gai the Black Knight Key and the Gingaman's Grand Power, telling him that the powers of the Super Sentai should be best gathered in one place. As the GokaiGalleon sails off, Ryouma arrives admitting his surprise that the newest Super Sentai team is a bunch of space pirates. Hyuuga asks if his hatred for space pirates is still strong, and Ryouma tells his elder brother that he thinks the GokaiGalleon crew are an exception and admits that he highly respects their friendship.
- A gold colored moonrock-based giant that has a rock hard body and uses moon-based attacks.
- Black Knight 黒騎士
- Former GingaRed ギンガレッド
- Moonroid is a reference to Monday, since Monday comes from Moon Day. (It also works in Japanese. Getsuyoubi also means Moon Day)
- The episode title, The Lost Forest (迷いの森), follows the format of Seijyu Sentai Gingaman's episode titles, with a word followed by no (の) and then another word.
- The box of donuts is a reference to Gingaman, as Hikaru/Ginga Yellow was addicted to Mister Donut donuts.
- In the final scene, Ryouma says "They go in running." when referring to the Gokaiger, words referencing Seijuu Sentai Gingaman's opening theme lyrics.
Writer: Komura Junko 香村純子
Director: Nakazawa Shoujirou 中澤祥次郎
Action Director: Ishigaki Hirofumi 石垣広文