Ninninger Shinobi no 17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Shinobi no 17|
|Shuriken Sentai Ninninger episode|
|Original air date||June 21, 2015|
|Character focus||Kinji Takigawa|
|Shuriken Sentai Ninninger|
|< Shinobi no 16||Goodbye, Starninger!
|Shinobi no 18 >|
|No Drive this week|
Important things that happened
- Voiced by: Houki Katsuhisa
- Height: 199cm (Girth of Ogres Height 47.8m)
- Weight: 234kg (Girth of Ogres Weight 561.6t)
- Object: Rubber raft
- Likes: Ship
- Favorite place: The sea
- Attack Power: ★★☆☆☆
- Mysterious Techniques: ★★★★☆
- Mirages: ★★★★★
- When he transforms, the yellow and blue design of the raft is incorporated into his design. Umibouzu's weapon doubles as an oar when they do their nautical battle.
- His trick is to show people mirages of the scariest thing from their past, in order to collect fear energy.
- Umibouzu on Wiki: "The Umibouzu is said to live in the ocean and capsize the ship of anyone who dares speak to it. This spirit's name, which combines the character for "sea" with the character of "Buddhist monk," is possibly related to the fact that the Umibouzu is said to have a large, round head, resembling the shaven heads of Buddhist monks. "
- Junji Takigawa - 山王弥須彦 → ジュンジ・タキガワ - 山王弥須彦
- Reiji Takigawa - 福田圭馬 → レイジ・タキガワ - 福田圭馬
- DekaRanger Blu-ray Box 1
- Cup Noodle Stay Hot
- Apparently Takaharu's weakness is eating green peppers.
- In his nightmare, Takaharu's peppers are labeled Appare Peppers, which is a play on "Takaharu".
- Yakumo's spell: Reena Ni Kinuta (レーナニキ・ヌタ) - Turn into a tanuki.
- Yakumo's spell turns Tsumuji into a tanuki. Like a fox, a tanuki is a mythical animal known for changing forms and playing pranks on humans. Tanuki are racoonlike and have large testicles. Tanuki statues can be seen quite frequently, and is referenced in Super Mario Brothers 3 with the tanuki suit.
- We learn that Kinji's older brother is named Reiji. In the credits, the father's name is Junji. So all the Takigawa males seem to end their names in -ji.
- His family is apparently killed by some wolf monster, whose silhouette is presented to the viewer. The moon is present in the background.
- The nightmare of the past from the Youkai appears as a haze over the water. People are drawn to it, perhaps combing this Youkai with another Youkai who's tendency is to lure people into the sea to drown.
- The nightmare haze is similar to Berserk and Bloodborne, where the fog hides otherworldly nightmares.
- Kasumi is the one to accurately describe what the haze is, ironic since her affiliated weather is the mist.
- To show their closer relationship, Takaharu decides to start calling Kinji "Kin-chan". Whereas everyone else calls him "Star-san".
- When Umibouzu dies, he says "he's hated so much that his illusions are hated too" (海坊主憎けりゃ幻まで憎し) This is a play on the idiom "Umibouzu is hated so much that his sash is hated too" (Umibouzu nikerya seta made nikui 坊主憎けりゃ袈裟まで憎い) which means "I hate that guy so much, that I hate everything related to him." or "I hate the ground he walks on." 
- When Grandpa stops Kinji and Takaharu from fighting, he uses curry dishes. Since the last venture we see Grandpa on is running a curry shop.
Out of Episode Trivia
- During the ending theme, there's a guess the number of colored fireworks there are. The colors match the colors on the remote for TV's in Japan.
- Blue 2 Red 6 Green 5 Yellow 3
- The big mecha attack should be "Naminori" instead of "Norinori".