Go-Busters Mission 16
The Man From the Subdimension
|Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters episode|
|Action Director||Fukuzawa Hirofumi|
|Original air date||June 10, 2012|
|Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters|
|< Mission 15||The Man From the Subdimension
|Mission 17 >|
|Aired with Kamen Rider Fourze 39|
Important things that happened
- Hiromu and the others follow J back to Jin.
- Enter realizes that there was some garbage data in the transport of a Megazord. This "garbage data" was probably Jin and J, sneaking a ride back to this dimension.
- Jin attracts a homing missile aimed at Hiromu and guides it to hit him and Enter, destroying them both.
- It's revealed that Jin and Enter are just avatars of people who are in the subdimension. This explains why Enter has no heartbeat and why Jin hasn't aged since the last time Ryuuji has seen him. Does this explain why Beet Buster and J appeared together at first?
- When the DriveBlade are inserted, they say "BC-04, Shift Up!" and "SJ-05, Take Off!" Apparently they can suck up Enetron like bugs. This design is sort of like the Insecticons from Transformers who can feed on Energon. B-C = Beetle Crane and SJ = Stag Jet.
- Jin admits that after they were transported to the subdimension, he hasn't met another survivor in all that time.
- Voiced by Yasumura Makoto
- Motif: Antennae
- Metavirus: SAGASU (To search) 探す
- Code number: T-39. The letters and numbers probably represent Tan-sa-ku which is another way of saying "to search".
- Ideal environment - High places where he can scan within a 20 km radius.
- On his left chest is a cartography graph shaped like a cross.
- Type Alpha
- Augmentations - Powerful parabola antenna, efficient radar, VHF spear
- Main command - Plunder Enetron Tank and transfer contents to subdimension. Changed to attacking the Go-Busters directly.
- Fired off two helper zords. The footage of the Megazord attacking the Go-Busters can be seen in the director's cut version.
- The contest in which Ryuuji was runner-up was the 15th annual National High School Robot Contest of 1999. Jin was the judge in this.
- Apparently Beet J Stag refers to Enetron as something he drinks, even though he has no visible mouth piece. Since Buddyroids have been shown to use cans of Enetron, perhaps they do drink it.
- Jin continues to refer to Commander Kuroki as Kurorin, which makes him sound girly. Apparently they were classmates, and that was how Jin referred to Kuroki in those days. The Japanese wiki says Kuroki is 40, and Jin should be 39 if he was 26 during the Transport Research Center incident.
- J says the J in his name stands for Jueki, which is Japanese for sap.
- Ironically, Yellow and Blue Buster stop pursuing Jin in order to intercept the Metaroid, whose duty is to find Beet and Stag Buster.
- Another irony, J acts like a Metaroid by being a marker for their Buster Machines. Apparently, he can transport them much more instantaneously than Enter can.
- So apparently Jin's Buster Machine is BC-04, which is the name of the mecha design that was stolen by Enter (a screenshot of the plans appear with the codename as well as Beet on the screen in episode 9). So obviously Jin and Messiah are building off the same plans. But are they exactly the same, or have they been modified? Also, where did SJ-05 come from? Is that Jin's original design?
- Yasumura Makoto who voices Parabolaroid is a member of Nazo no Shin Unit Starmen.
- The Megazord attacks the Busters. This is one of the few moments when the Sentai large battles overlap with the smaller ones in such a way. Enter is also directly controlling the Megazord in this episode.
Rising New Hero Director's Cut
- Released November 21st.
- Length - 57 minutes
- Includes episodes 15 and 16 plus a bonus discussion video that's about an hour long.
Because 15-16 had some of the highest ratings at the time for Go-Busters (And Toei wants more money) these two episodes had director's cut rereleased on a single disc. Apparently, there are seven minutes of new footage. There's also a secondary commentary audio track. Plus a bonus Special Missions Talk with the Busters cast who talk about their thoughts after watching the director's cut versions. This bonus feature is over an hour long.
- Notable Changes
- When Hiromu asks about their parents, Jin gets excited when talking about Youko's mother. He even uses the term "single mother" and saying that he liked her, which become important story points in a later episode.
- After Jin admits to being angry with Hiromu's dad, Hiromu tells Jin that he can punch his dad, but only after it's all over.
- More scenes of the Busters fighting the Buglars.
- The Busters prepping in their vehicles.
- Blue and Yellow Buster fighting the Parabolaroid scenes.
- Parabolaroid doing a new search for Beet Buster.
- Beet Buster and Stag Buster versus Parabolaroid scenes.
- Red Buster versus Beet Buster sword fight scene.
Discussion Thread: https://forums.tvnihon.com/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=11823