Jyuohger Episode 33
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cat Trick Payback
|Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger episode|
|Action Director||Fukuzawa Hirofumi|
|Original air date||October 9, 2016|
|Character focus||Leo and Amu|
|Fan Rating||... / 5|
|Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger|
|< Ep 32||Cat Trick Payback
|Ep 34 >|
|Aired with Kamen Rider Ex-Aid 02|
Important things that happened
- Voiced by: Amada Masuo
- Height: 203cm (コンティニュー身長: 40.6m)
- Weight: 183kg (コンティニュー体重: 366.0t)
- Team: Azauld
- Weapon: DeathGalien Yokozuna Tournament Happyakunagayari (八百長槍)
- Genre: Sumo
- Sumo Announcer - Takagi Tatsuya → 相撲アナウンス - 高木達也
- Shimazu - Kageyama Jukiya → 島津 - 影山樹生弥
- Miyama - Kodaira Daichi → 見山 - 小平大智
- Myoujou Charumera - 50 years
- Regular Ex-Aid junction 1
- The episode title is a reference to two Japanese terms. "Neko damashi" or "cat trick", as explained in the episode, is a sumo move where a wrestler claps their hand in an attempt to stun their opponent. "Neko no ongaeshi" or "the cat's repays a favor" is the name of a Studio Ghibli movie that was translated to The Cat Returns in America.
- In Misao's memory, he's in the western position. His opponent in the eastern position is Ooishi Tai (大石太) which literally translates to "big rock fat guy".
- Sumo terms
- Dosukoi is something sumos shout out
- The sumo ranks are all real names. Komusubi, Sekiwake. Oozeki means "Sumo of second highest rank". The Jyuohgers are both Jyuuryou which means "wrestlers from the second highest group". Yokozuna means "sumo grand champion".
- Sumotron sometimes says Gocchan Desu. This is a sumo term for "thank you".. It's also the name of a sumo manga.
- Sumo wrestlers throw salt on the field to purify the arena.
- In Japanese Sumo (相撲) actually has a long vowel with the o. So it should really be written "sumou" and the enemy's name should be "Sumoutron".
- There's a scene where Azauld fights Sumotron and purposefully loses. This might be a reference to the match-fixing scandal that has been a point of scandal in sumo in recent years.
- In the final fights, they list where the sumo wrestler comes from. For Sumotron and Azauld, they're from Azauld's Room, but spelled all in kanji (悪嵯流怒部屋). The kanji they use for Azauld's name are "evil, craggy, flow, angry". For the Jyuohger's, their group is called Kazakiri JyuLand.
Out of Episode Trivia
- Color of the week: Yellow
- Snow Leopard