Shinkenger Act 08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brides Spirited Away
|Samurai Sentai Shinkenger episode|
|Action Director||Ishigaki Hirofumi|
|Original air date||April 5, 2009|
|Samurai Sentai Shinkenger|
|< Act 07||Brides Spirited Away
|Act 09 >|
|Aired with Kamen Rider Decade 11|
Important things that happened
- Chiaki, Ryuunosuke, Kotoha, and Jii are at Takeru and Mako’s wedding ceremony. During the ceremony, Jii gets a call that Nanashi Renjyuu have attacked a different wedding. The Nanashi Renjyuu take the bride from that ceremony and kidnap her.
- After their fake wedding failed, the Shinkengers try and come up with a new plan from preventing the Gedoushuu from taking brides. The only lead they have so far is that the brides are still in the human world, because living humans cannot enter the Sanzu River.
- The Nanashi Renjyuu take the bride to a shack, where Tayuu has several other brides held hostage. She is using the tears and sadness of the brides to make herself an uchikake.
- Back at the Shiba mansion, the Shinkengers find out that all but one wedding for the next day have been cancelled. Mako plans to play the part of the bride once again, and while Takeru agrees, he also tells them that they need a back up plan in place.
- The next day, Tayuu sends the Nanashi Renjyuu to gather more brides and the Shinkengers implement their plan. Mako and Takeru participate in the ceremony, and when the Nanashi Renjyuu attack, Mako lets herself be taken away. When Mako arrives at the shack, she is surprised to see Tayuu, and even more so when Tayuu realizes that Mako is a Shinkenger. Tayuu tells her that she knew they would try and deceive her, and managed to take the real bride along with Mako. Tayuu gives Mako a choice, lead Takeru and the others into a trap, or have the brides die. Mako calls Takeru and when they arrive at a false location, they find it rigged with explosives that set off immediately.
- Tayuu rejoices in the fact that she has defeated the Shinkengers, and is about to have Mako executed but she is saved by Takeru, Chiaki, and Kotoha. Mako tells Tayuu that they were prepared for this, and had Ryuunosuke act as the "real" bride. Ryuunosuke gave Takeru the real location, and Takeru, Chiaki, and Kotoha sent shadow forms of themselves to the fake location.
- Tayuu calls forth the Nanashi Renjyuu and engages Mako and Ryuunosuke while Takeru, Kotoha, and Chiaki handle the Nanashi Renjyuu. Tayuu manages to get the upper hand on Mako and Ryuunosuke, but Takeru blocks her attack and buys enough time to have Kotoha and Chiaki rejoin them.
- Takeru attempts to defeat Tayuu using Oozutsu Mode, but the attack is deflected by a mysterious Ayakashi. Juuzou asks Takeru if he is the one calling out to his Uramasa and declares that he will challenge him soon, while Tayuu is surprised that he saved her. Juuzou retreats with Tayuu and calls for Oonanashi Renjyuu to distract the Shinkengers. They form Kabuto Shinken-Oh, then Kajiki Shinken-Oh to defeat the Oonanashi Renjyuu.
- Young Kotoha - Matsuura Ayu
- No monster of the week this time.
- The title ends in Kamikakushi which means "a mysterious disappearance; spirited away by the gods". The translation uses the same format as the Ghibli movie "Spirited Away" which was originally "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi".
- This episode is the first one where the Shinkengers encounter Usukawadayuu and Juuzou.