Kamen Rider 555 the Movie: Paradise Lost
|Kamen Rider 555 the Movie: Paradise Lost|
劇場版 仮面ライダー555 パラダイス・ロスト
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Running time||81 minutes|
|Gross revenue||1.5 billion yen|
|Kamen Rider 555|
|< Ep 28||Paradise Lost
|Ep 29 >|
The Kamen Rider 555 summer movie.
Double featured with Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger Deluxe: Abare Summer wa Kinkinchuu!
- The battle reaches its climax. The legend of the savior about the Emperor's Belt.
- The true legend of the savior. The Rider troopers deploy. The crusade finally begins.
- Under Smart Brain's control, the Orphenoch run the world while humans are on the run. Two new Rider Gears are created to threaten the humans that they are unstoppable.
- Faiz, Inui Takumi, is presumably dead after he was assaulted by an army of Riotroopers.
- Rumors of Faiz is the only savior spread across to the remaining humans in order to bring hope to them: Someday Faiz will awake, there will be peace in the world like before.
- With Takumi gone, Kiba is on a quest to seek the coexist between humans and Orphenoch.
- Takumi returns, reuniting with Mari and Kiba.
- Mari (Smart Lady's impersonation) betrays Kiba, forcing him to witness the death of both Kaidou and Yuka. So, Kiba abandons his ideals and fights Takumi as Kamen Rider Oga.
- Takumi promises Kiba that he will take up his ideals in his stead.
- Riotroopers (ライオトルーパー)
- An army of Riders following Smart Brain's orders to eliminate the humans.
Smart Brain creates two Rider Gears codenamed as Emperor's Belt.
- Kamen Rider Psyga (仮面ライダーサイガ)
- Based on the Greek letter Psi Ψ.
- Kamen Rider Oga (仮面ライダーオーガ)
- Alternate spellings are Ouga, Orga.
- Based on the Greek letter Omega Ω. The name is probably a shortened version of Omega, O__ga. It's pronunciation is also like the O-Medals from Kamen Rider OOO, which would fit in with the O theme of the Rider. His activation code is 000, which also looks like O's.
- There is a theory the name should be Ouga, which uses the kanji 王我 which mean "ruler" and "self". Since these are called the Emperor's Belts, there is some credibility to this theory. If this were the case, then Psyga would be "I am Psi" and Oga would be "I am O(mega)" or "I am the king" depending on one's interpretation.
- Kamen Rider Faiz Blaster Form (仮面ライダーファイズ ブラスターフォーム)
- Faiz's final form. To achieve this form, Faiz must enter the "555" code on the Faiz Blaster and plug in the Faiz Phone into the weapon itself.
- Butterfly Orphenoch (バタフライオルフェノク)
- Giraffe Orphenoch (ジラフオルフェノク)
- Longhorn Orphenoch (ロングホーンオルフェノク)
- Pelican Orphenoch (ペリカンオルフェノク)
- Wild Boar Orphenoch (ワイルドボアオルフェノク)
- Slug Orphenoch (スラッグオルフェノク)
- Mole Orphenoch (モールオルフェノク)
- Moose Orphenoch (ムースオルフェノク)
- Lion Orphenoch (ライオンオルフェノク)
- Elasmotherium Orphenoch (エラスモテリウムオルフェノク)
- Wolf Orphenoch (ウルフオルフェノク)
- Leo / Kamen Rider Psyga (レオ / 仮面ライダーサイガ) - Peter Ho
- A Smart Brain employee who takes on the role as Kamen Rider Psyga. He mostly speaks English.
- Mina (ミナ) - Kurokawa Mei
- A girl who lives with Takumi.
- Mizuhara (水原) - Hayami Mokomichi
- A hothead soldier who leads the Human Liberation Army to fight against Smart Brain's Orphenoch.
- Professor Nomura (野村) - Ootaka Hiroo
- A professor who develops special weapons for the Human Liberation Army to fight against Orphenoch.
- Inui Takumi / Kamen Rider Faiz - Handa Kento → 乾巧 / 仮面ライダーファイズ - 半田健人
- Sonoda Mari - Haga Yuria → 園田真理 - 芳賀優里亜
- Kiba Yuuji / Kamen Rider Oga - Izumi Masayuki → 木場勇治 / 仮面ライダーオーガ - 泉政行
- Mina - Kurokawa Mei → ミナ - 黒川芽以
- Kikuchi Keitarou - Mizorogi Ken → 菊池啓太郎 - 溝呂木賢
- Osada Yuka - Kato Yoshika → 長田結花 - 加藤美佳
- Kaidou Naoya - Karahashi Mitsuru → 海堂直也 - 唐橋充
- Kusaka Masato / Kamen Rider Kaixa - Murakami Kohei → 草加雅人 / 仮面ライダーカイザ - 村上幸平
- Leo / Kamen Rider Psyga - Peter Ho → レオ / 仮面ライダーサイガ - ピーター・ホー
- Smart Lady - Kurihara Hitomi → スマートレディ - 栗原瞳
- Mizuhara - Hayami Mokomichi → 水原 - 速水もこみち
- Nomura - Ootaka Hiroo → 野村 - 大高洋夫
- Young Mina - Shida Mirai → ミナ (幼少期) - 志田未来
- Murakami Kyouji - Murai Katsuyuki → 村上峡児 - 村井克行
- Face - Naya Goro → 顔 - 納谷悟朗
- Face - Kato Seizo → 顔 - 加藤精三
- Face - Iizuka Shouzou → 顔 - 飯塚昭三
- Merchant - Tsunogae Kazue → 八百屋 - 角替和枝
- Merchant - Taguchi Kazumasa → 八百屋 - 田口主将
- Mina's dad - Tsuda Kanji → ミ ナの父 - 津田寛治
- Narration - Suzuki Eiichirou → ナレーション - 鈴木英一郎
- Rider Gears - Kano Takehiko → ライダーギア - 假野剛彦
- Lion Orphenoch - Koyama Tsuyoshi → ライオンオルフェノク - 小山剛志
- Kamen Rider Faiz - Takaiwa Seiji → 仮面ライダーファイズ - 高岩成二
- Kamen Rider Kaixa - Ito Makoto → 仮面ライダーカイザ - 伊藤慎
- Kamen Rider Psyga - Nagase Naoki → 仮面ライダーサイガ - 永瀬尚希
- Kamen Rider Oga - Oshikawa Yoshifumi → 仮面ライダーオーガ - 押川善文
- Justiφ's -Accel Mix-
- Lyrics: Fujibayashi Shoko
- Composer: Sato Kazuto
- Arranger: Miyake Kazunori
- Singer: ISSA (DA PUMP)
- Murakami is a head in a jar.
- Delta, Hanagata, the Lucky Clover, and the Ryuusei School don't appear and aren't mentioned.
- Mari calls Kusaka as Masato.
- Kiba and Yuka's Orphenoch form have a different design.
- Kaidou and Yuka are in love.
- Keitarou drinks a bottle of Henshin One Shot and successfully transforms into Kaixa.
- Because the Orphenoch taking control of the world, Smart Brain heavily promotes brand products around the city. Words such as Distribution, Computing, Finance, Mobile Technology, and Beverage appear on the advertising banners and flyers.
- Takumi and Kusaka's motorcycle helmets have Smart Brian Motors stickers covering the Honda logo.
- Filming took place at the Saitama Super Arena. The word "Smart Brain Super Arena" was painted on the roof of the Saitama building.
- Despite being an alternate world story, the movie reveals Takumi being an Orphenoch. This is not revealed on the TV series until episode 34, which aired on September 21st 2003, almost a full month after the movie came out. So people who saw the movie had some foreknowledge of what was to come on the TV series.
- The movie makes a debut of Faiz's Blaster Form. This form doesn't appear on the TV series until episode 39, which aired on October 26th 2003.
- An army of Riotroopers appear in the movie. They appear in a group of six Riders later in the TV series.
- Peter Ho is a American-Taiwanese actor. He is the second non-Japanese actor to play a Kamen Rider role. In the movie, his character mostly speaks English instead of Japanese.
- Taguchi Kazumasa played Kouno Kouji on Kamen Rider Agito.
- Tsunogae Kazue played Kanzaki Sanako (Yui's aunt) on Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Tsuda Kanji (Mina's father) was on Ryuki as well. He played Ookubo Daisuke, Editor-in-Chief of ORE Journal.
- Shida Mirai (Young Mina) appeared on Ryuki Ep 49 where she was saved by Shinji during the massive attack on the city launched by the Raydragoons Mirror Monsters.
Guinness World Record
- At the time, the film had the most extras in the cast for a single movie. There were 10,000 extras at the Saitama Super Arena. This was out of a total of 90,000 applicants.
- In the end credits, their names spell "Thank you!" in the theatrical cut and "See you again!" in the director's cut.
Paradise Lost refers to an epic poem about the fall of man from the Bible. There is talk of Faiz being a savior, who will come back to life and bring peace to the world. This is unlike Jesus being the Messiah and dying for our sins only to be brought back to life. There's also the Mari/Mary similarity.
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Release date(s)||May 21, 2004|
|Running time||93 minutes|
An extension of the movie with additional footages that are not shown in the theatrical cut.
A list of extended or edited scenes:
- Extension of Mizuhara leading a group of Human Liberation Army soldiers to steal the Emperor's Belt from Smart Brain.
- Extra scenes of soldiers getting killed and Kaixa fighting the Orphenoch.
- The banner of the movie includes Director's Cut.
- Several Jet Sligers are seen airborne during the assault on Faiz.
- Kiba receives a message from Smart Lady to pay Murakami a visit at Smart Brain.
- Professor Nomura unsuccessfully develops a weapon before introducing Keitarou the Henshin One Shot.
- While Mari is promoting the Masquerade ball event, Kusaka forces her to accept his love for her.
- The scene of Kiba learning the existence of the Emperor's Belt takes place after the scene of Mina persuading Takashi to participate the Masquerade ball event.
- Smart Lady spies on the Human Liberation Army and records Mari's conversation.
- Extension of Riotroopers raiding the hideout.
- More footages of the soldiers don't look up to Takumi being Faiz.
- Edited the scene of Mina answering Takumi why he has the memories of a boy named Takashi.
- Keitarou has two attempts to transform into Kaixa. Professor Nomura gives him a second Henshin One Shot bottle for the transformation after the first attempt failed.
- An extra shot of Faiz Accel battling against Psyga.
- The Justiφ's -Accel Mix- song is extended.
- The credits for the participated audiences are changed from "Thank you!" to "See you again!".