Go-Busters Mission 35
Tategami Lioh Howls!
|Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters episode|
|Original air date||October 21, 2012|
|Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters|
|< Mission 34||Tategami Lioh Howls!
|Mission 36 >|
|Aired with Kamen Rider Wizard 08|
Air date: October 21, 2012
Important things that happened
- Hiromu defeats Tategami Lioh and it joins the Go-Busters.
- Rapid Kick ラピッドキック
- Youko's new Powered Custom attack. The word "rapid" probably comes from it's similarity to "rabbit" in Japanese:
- ラビット Rabbit
- ラピッド Rapid
- In fact, the words look so similar that both T-N and O-T translated it as Rabbit Kick for this episode.
- Tategami Lioh タテガミライオー
- Tategami means "mane" like a lion's mane. Lioh probably combines "lion" and "oh/king".
- In the designs, it's called Buddy Zord-Z. External structure data 006. In the cockpit, there's a GB written on the controller.
- Despite being unpiloted, when Ace succeeds in subjugating Lio, there is a cockpit for Ace's pilot to enter. Just like how the Buddyroids becomes the controls for the Buster Machines, Lioh has a moving controller for Hiromu to use. At the end, Hiromu removes it and it projects a hologram of Dr. Hazuki's message for Mika.
Hazuki Saburou - Mizuki Ichirou → 葉月サブロー博士 - 水木一郎
- Pretty much the same caricature that Mizuki always portrays himself as. A flashy jacket-wearing eccentric who occasionally punctuates his dialogue with random shouts.
- His name is also a weird amalgam between his real name and Hatte Saburou's name. Plus the given name is written in katakana, which fits with the pattern of how names are written in this world.
- When the lion is running, Hiromu or Nick literally comments that it has a lot of horsepower/bariki. Since the lion is a mecha, I guess that makes sense. It just sounds like a weird mix up or a not understanding of how the term usually is used. Like what the writer actually meant was "This lion is really fast" not "This lion's engine is really powerful."
- After Ace and Lioh fight, in the command base J is screwing around in the background again. Apparently his visor is giving off light, because it's being reflected against the wall.
- In Rescue Fire one of the mechas was also an autonomous lion mecha. That lion was also blue, like Tategami Lioh is.
- According to Jin, the EMC initially developed the Megazords and the Buddyroids. Then combined them to create the Buster Machines.
- Since Mizuki Ichirou does the voice of the Custom Visor (and the role of Dr. Hazuki) perhaps the in-world explanation is that he did some work on the power-ups. Although up to this point, the Protectors always seemed to be the result of Gorisaki's research. Perhaps Gorisaki based his research on the leftover materials left from Ichirou when he left E.M.C?
- Mizuki Ichirou also sings Tategami Lioh's theme song: "ライオー! 見参! チャンピオン!" (Lioh! Appear! Champion!).