Garo Makai Senki 12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Garo ~Makai Senki~ episode|
|Original air date||December 22, 2011|
|Garo ~Makai Senki~|
|< Previous episode
|Fruit 果実||Next episode >|
Air date: December 22, 2011
- Investigating the sight of a car crash where a Horror has manifested, Rei finds no bodies left behind and wonders if Horror entered the victim or the driver. The next day he encounters Hoshikawa Misao, a girl from his past, and spends the whole day with her.
- Seeing her troubled, Rei tells Misao that she should live life her way, pursuing her own dreams, instead of just following the wishes of her mother. After parting ways, Rei talks with Silva about "cutting her down".
- Returning home, Misao is interrogated by her mother Toshiko before being physically abused for the crepe she ate with Rei. Toshiko then comforts her into agreeing to become a pâtissière like her and never see Rei again. By nightfall, Rei arrives to the Hoshikawas' home to find both of them gone.
- Finding Misao at the fairground where they first met, they reminisce back to when they first met, when, as a little girl, Rei saved Misao from being hit by a car. As a show of gratitude, Misao and Toshiko's gave Rei several slices of a strawberry tart, which gave him his sweet tooth. Rei then confesses that he was not looking to once again eat Toshiko's pastries, at which point he draws his swords; in the reflections of his blades we see that Toshiko has suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
- It is revealed that, wanting not to follow in her mother's footsteps, Misao had ran away from home and intended to throw herself before a speeding car. However, Toshiko pushes her out of the way and is hit by the car instead as it crashed. Taking advantage of the situation, the Horror Yashaul enters Toshiko's body before devouring the driver.
- Since then Misao's guilt is manipulated by the Horror as she refuses to let Rei kill her. Knocking Misao out and donning his armor, Zero battles Yashaul before killing her.
- Presented with mother's necklace, Misao at first thanks Rei for his mercy but then tells him that she can never forgive him for what he did. Rei, however, leaves confident that she will learn to smile again.
Human form: Hoshikawa Toshiko