AkibaRanger 2 Episode 04
|Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger 2 episode|
|Original air date||April 27, 2013|
|Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger 2|
|< Episode 03||Delusion Goddess
|Episode 05 >|
Important things that happened
- Yumeria announces that she's married. Her married name is now Yokoyama Yuuko.
- Nobuo powers up into Chou AkibaRed.
Voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki
Name is a combination of "smart phone" and "monger" which is how Black Magma kaijin's names end in Sun Vulcan.
Malshiina Powers Up
Malshiina uses her Moyamoya Zukyuun (モヤモヤズキューーン) to power up. Her transformation call Ja Mousou (邪妄想) / Evil Delusion is a parody of the AkibaRangers' Juu Mousou. Apparently this is a reference to B-Fighters and their evil versions. (Juukou vs Jakou, etc.)
Red Powers Up
- Munyumunyu Zukyuun ムニュムニュズバーーン
- Yokoyama Yasuko (Horimi Etsuko) - Horie Mitsuko → 横山 靖子 - 堀江美都子
- Announcter - Takahashi Mari → アナウンサー - 高橋麻理
- Pastor - Shibasaki Takayuki → 牧師風の男 - 柴崎貴行
- In Luna's recording says she wants to be like Aikawa Kozue, Kozukozu's actress name. Kozue became famous through Internet sites like Niconico/Youtube through the group DANCEROID. "Dance attempt" is one Niconico category.
- Luna confuses Niconico and Youtube and combines them.
- "Are you Ishinomori-sensei?!" it's a reference to Ishinomori being a fast writer.
- The sentaish anime Ninja Cap-tan is a reference to Toei's tokusatsu show Ninja Captor. The ending song is also based on Ninja Captor's theme song.
- Queen of anime songs, Horie Mitsuko, plays a parody of herself here. 堀美江都子. Yuuko mentions songs Hakushon Musume (ハクション娘) and Akarui Hamaguri-san (あかるいハマグリさん) which are based on real songs Akubi Musume no Uta (アクビ娘の歌) and Akarui Sazae-san (あかるいサザエさん). And her singer name is just the last letter and first letter of her names switched.
- In the commercial for Akiba 5 (and presumably 4) there's a CD compilation on sale that includes Horie Mitsuko's works. She's referred to as the queen of anime songs there too.
- Horie Mitsuko also sang the theme song for Chou Ninjatai Inazuma Spark.
- They use Poodle instead of Google.
- The man who plays the human form of the monster this week is one of Toei's toku directors, Shibasaki Takayuki.
- Tsuu Shogun rips off the Kyouryuuger catchphrase "You'll be surprised when you hear!"
- Tsuu says the liquid crystal mask would even beat Sun Vulcan's attack New Vulcan Ball (ニューバルカンボール) in a time attack.
- The time attack references a monster in Sun Vulcan that beat this attack by attacking in the time it takes them to shoot the attack again.
- Sun Vulcan references. The villain is based on Sun Vulcan's villains, they do Sun Vulcanlike attacks, and they sing part of the song. Since there's only two people at the time, they can't finish the song.
- SmaPhomonger is voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki who did the voice for GoseiKnight from Goseiger.
- Nobuo's fake name "Kaijou Naoya" is a combination of AkaRanger's name (Kaijou Tsuyoshi) and his actor name (Makoto Naoya).
- Zubaan Aoi is a reference to the Swordman Zubaan from Boukenger. Both are people who transform into swords. They even have the same sound effect.
- During the dance off during the preview they say "Ready? Go!" in the same way the Go-Busters did.
- Kozukozu dresses as Sen from DekaRanger.
- Yumeria wears an orange wig and uses gozaru a lot.