Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger
|Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger|
|Director||Shibasaki Takayuki, Sugihara Teruaki, and others|
by Hatano Tomohiro (Project.R)
by Matsubara Tsuyoshi (Project.R)
|Fan Rating||/ 5 Stars|
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original airing||February 12, 2017|
|Preceded by||Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger|
Space Sentai Nine Rangers
Official romanization: Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger 宇宙戦隊キュウレンジャー
Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger is the 41st Sentai series. It starts February 12, 2017.
The rangers are named after the Japanese names of various constellations.
- ShishiRed - Leo (The lion constellation)
- SasoriOrange - Scorpius (The scorpion constellation)
- OokamiBlue - Lupus (The wolf constellation)
- TenbinGold - Libra (The scales constellation)
- OushiBlack - Taurus (The bull constellation)
- HebitsukaiSilver - Ophiuchus (The serpent-bearer constellation)
- ChamaeleonGreen - Chamaeleon (The chameleon constellation)
- WashiPink - Aquilia (The eagle constellation)
- KajikiYellow - Dorado (The swordfish constellation)
Space Shogunate Jark Matter 宇宙幕府ジャークマター
Their name is a pun on Dark Matter. The Dark part written as Jaaku, which means "evil" in Japanese.
- Shogun Don Armage - Tani Atsuki → ドン・アルマゲ - 谷昌樹
- Chief Retainer Elidron - Kuroda Takaya → エリードロン - 黒田崇矢
- Governor ?
- Tsuyoindabee (ツヨインダベー)
- Indabee (インダベー) - Cannon fodder
- Narration/Seiza Blaster - Kimura Subaru
- ShishiRed - Takada Masashi → シシレッド - 高田 将司
- SasoriOrange - Imai Yasuhiko → サソリオレンジ - 今井 靖彦
- OokamiBlue - Takeuchi Yasuhiro → オオカミブルー - 竹内 康博
- TenbinGold - Oobayashi Masaru → テンビンゴールド - 大林 勝
- OushiBlack - Okamoto Jirou → オウシブラック - 岡元 次郎
- HebitsukaiSilver - Yabe Keizou → ヘビツカイシルバー - 矢部 敬三
- ChamaeleonGreen - Shimozono Ayumi → カメレオングリーン - 下園 愛弓
- WashiPink - Gomi Ryoko → ワシピンク - 五味 涼子
- KajikiYellow - Kusano Shinsuke → カジキイエロー - 草野 伸介
|Space.01||Galaxy's Number One Super Star
|February 12, 2017||Mouri Nobuhiro||Shibasaki Takayuki||4.20 / 5|
|Space.02||Let's Go! The BN Thieves
|February 19, 2017||Mouri Nobuhiro||Shibasaki Takayuki||/ 5|
- Shou Lonpou's name is the Japanese pronunciation for the Chinese soup dumpling xiao longbao.
- HebitsukaiSilver's name is from Nāga serpent deities in Hindu and Buddhist mythology.
- His full name Naaga Rei might be a pun on nagare-boshi or shooting star/meteor.
- ChamaeleonGreen's name is likely derived from "chameleon" minus the "c" and "leon", thus "hame".
- WashiPink's 283 can be read as "tsubasa" which means "wing". Also raptor means "predatory bird", which an eagle is.
- OokamiBlue's name is a reference to French word "garou", pronounced ガル, meaning "werewolf". The correct word is "Loup-garou" (loup=wolf) but a French speaker would understand "garou" alone as "werewolf". Credits to Guillaume.
- KajikiYellow's name is obviously from Italian "spada" meaning "sword", as in "pesce spada"="swordfish" which is another name for the Dorado constellation and the exact translation of "kajiki" although both fish are unrelated. Credits to Guillaume.
- TenbinGold's name Balance is the French word for "scale", and the French name of the Libra constellation. So with those two in mind, it doesn't seem such a longshot that Ookamiblue's name could be of French origin. Therefore, I think it should be spelled with an "ou" even though it could be confusing to someone who's not familiar with French. Credits to Guillaume.
- "Naga" in HebitsukaiSilver's name is most likely derived from the Indian serpent deities of the same name. Credits to Guillaume.
- Don Armage is probably a rearrangement of the word Armageddon.
- The Indabee grunts look like they are based on the classic grey aliens design. While the Tsuyoindabee appears to be based on the Flatwoods Monster. Both are famous classical aliens. Credit to Cyborg-Lucario for pointing that out.
Voice Actor Trivia
- Nakai Kazuya previously voiced Igaroid of DekaRanger and various toku roles.
- Ono Yuuki previously voiced Parabolaroid of Go-Busters 34.
- Otsuka Akio previously voiced Dagon of MagiRanger. He's known for being the Japanese voice of Solid Snake for the Metal Gear Solid video game series.
- Kamiya Hiroshi previously voiced Ghost Imagin of Saraba Den-O movie, various Riders from Kamen Rider Taisen.
- Kimura Subaru previously voiced Bowlingen of Jyuohger 20.
T-N Release List
|Press link to expand|