Important things that happened
- Raiga meets the heroic spirit of Garo, who is voiced by his grandfather, Saejima Taiga. This Garo has a cape and dimmed red eyes.
- Raiga defeats 100 Horrors and earns the right to Gouten.
Dimensional Horror Zaji
Voiced by Amano Hiroyuki (天野ひろゆき)
- We learn that Kouga and Kaoru are probably still alive, but trapped somewhere. Apparently they disappeared before Raiga's eyes when he was a child.
- The fangs of the Gurau Dragon are a reference to the monster Kouga fought in Garo 20. Kouga takes the fruit from it to cure Kaoru from the curse of Horror blood.
- We see Raiga seal his 100th Horror. (Thus earning him the right to summon Gouten).
- The spirit of Garo is obviously Taiga (the red eyes and cape give it away). It's also voiced by Taiga (Watanabe Hiroyuki).
- This episode bears a lot of parallels to Garo Makai Senki 11.
- The Horror is Dimensional Horror Zaji, who is revived when the statue that Kouga cut down is hit by the Gurau Dragon fang. Zaji is voiced by Amano Hiroyuki in both episodes.
- Like in Makai Senki, Zaji is the embodiment of slain Horrors. His only goal is to seek revenge upon those with the title Garo.
- The heroic voices in both episodes are done by Nishi Rintaro, famous for many other tokusatsu works and voice acting.
- Both episodes were written by Amemiya and directed by Yokoyama.
- In Makai Senki, Zaji froze Kaoru. In Makai no Hana, Mayuri and Gonza are the ones who are frozen.
- In both episodes, Kouga and Raiga are going to the tower to be purified of the built up of evil ki on their bodies.
Sketch of Zaji? The statue?