Garo Makai no Hana 04
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Garo -Makai no Hana- episode|
|Original air date||April 26, 2014|
|Garo -Makai no Hana-|
|< Garo Makai no Hana 03||Movie 映画||Garo Makai no Hana 05 >|
Important things that happened
Human form - Harima
Gateway - Not shown, but probably the film that was knocked down
Played by Kitarou
- Harima - Kitarou → ハリマ - きたろう
- Horror Ilgishin - Nakayama Kai → ホラー・イルギシン - 中山甲斐
- Sasajima - Sasaki Daisuke → ササジマ - 佐々木大介
- Nakata - I am Noda → ナカタ - アイアム野田
- Barbara - SAORI → バーバラ - SAORI
- Apparently Raiga has inherited his mother's love of art, but not her talent. He tries to sketch a portrait of Gonza, but Mayuri mistakes it for a Horror.
- Gonza is posing like famous painting, The Scream. The mask for the killer in Scream is said to be based on the same painting, so it's thematically fitting that he does so in this episode.
- Kitarou was the eccentric owner of Pore-Pore Cafe in Kuuga.
- The opening song was replaced with a black and white, old-school cinematic opening.
- Barbara, the girl in the film, is named after the protagonist of George Romero's Night of the Living Dead which is mentioned several times in the episode.
- The name of the theater is Theater Showa.
- Several movies that are parodied in this movie are Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Scream, Hostel, and Silence of the Lambs.
- Ilgishin also made reference to the Cannes International Film Festival and Berlin International Film Festival.
- The episode pokes fun at itself, by Zaruba insulting the Horror by saying his movie is no better than a special effects TV show. Then the Horror complains about the modern over dependence on CGI.