Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen
|Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Running time||135 minutes|
|Gross revenue||3,000 million yen|
|Preceded by||Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno|
Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends 伝説の最期編
The final movie to the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie trilogy. The previous movie was Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen.
Kenshin and his Friends
- Himura Kenshin - Satoh Takeru → 緋村剣心 - 佐藤 健
- Shinta - 福崎那由他 → 心太 - 福崎那由他
- Kamiya Kaoru - Takei Emi → 神谷 薫 - 武井 咲
- Sagara Sanosuke - Aoki Munetaka → 相楽左之助 - 青木崇高
- Takani Megumi - Aoi Yuu → 高荷 恵 - 蒼井 優
- Myoujin Yahiko - Ohyagi Kaito → 明神弥彦 - 大八木凱斗
- Saitou Hajime - Eguchi Yousuke → 斎藤一 - 江口洋介
- Itou Hirobumi - Ozawa Yukiyoshi → 伊藤博文 - 小澤幸喜
- Kawaji Toshiyoshi - Koichi Mantaro → 川路利良 - 小市慢太郎
Shishio and his Followers
- Makoto Shishio - Fujiwara Tatsuya → 志々雄真実 - 藤原竜也
- Komagata Yumi - Takahashi Maryjun → 駒形由美 - 高橋メアリージュン
- Shinomori Aoshi - Iseya Yuusuke → 四乃森蒼紫 - 伊勢谷友介
The Ten Swords
- Seta Soujirou - Kamiki Ryuunosuke → 瀬田宗次郎 - 神木隆之介
- Sadojima Houji - Takitou Kenichi → 佐渡島方治 - 滝藤賢一
- Yuukyuuzan Anji - Maruyama Tomomi → 悠久山安慈 - 丸山智己
- Uonuma Usui - Murata Mitsu → 魚沼宇水 - 村田 充
- Honjou Kamatari - Yashiki Hiroko → 本条鎌足 - 屋敷紘子
- Kariwa Henya - 原 勇弥 → 刈羽蝙也 - 原 勇弥
- Iwanbou - 山田崇夫 → 夷腕坊 - 山田崇夫
- Saizuchi - Shimazu Kentarou → 才槌 - 島津健太郎
- Fuji - 山口航太 → 不二 - 山口航太
Kyoto's Oniwaban Spies
- Makimachi Misao - Tsuchiya Tao → 巻町操 - 土屋太鳳
- Okina （Kashiwazaki Nenji） - Tanaka Min → 翁（柏崎念至） - 田中 泯
- Kurojou - 小久保丈二 → 黒尉 - 小久保丈二
- Shirojou - Satou Shigeru → 白尉 - 佐藤 滋
- Masukami - Eda Yuka → 増髪 - 江田結香
- Oumime - Beppu Ayumi → 近江女 - 別府あゆみ
End theme: Heartache
Singer: ONE OK ROCK
- The movie starts with a flashback to a story from the Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen OVA (localized as Samurai X Trust & Betrayal in the US).
- Kenshin's real name is revealed to be Shinta (心太 Shin = Heart). Hiko Seijuurou renames him Kenshin, which means "Heart of the Sword".
- The kanji for Hiko (比古) in Hiko Seijuurou means "old by comparison". Sei (清) means "purity"
- In the anime, Hiko is 42 years old at the time (But they joke that he looks like he's in his late 20s). Kenshin is supposed to be around 28. Satoh Takeru (Kenshin) is 25 in real life and Hiko's actor, Fukuyama Masaharu, is 46.
- The Oniwaban Spies base is the lodge Aoiya (葵屋) which means "hollyhocks". The same kanji is also found on the handkerchief that Misao uses to tie Kaoru's wound (which leads them to her hospital later) and can be seen on their sign in front of the building. This is a secret reference to their pre-Meiji allegiance to the Tokugawa Shogunte, whose family crest is the hollyhock crest. Later, an inverted version of the hollyhock crest can be seen inside the building.
- After Okina's death, when Kenshin is on the boat, under his hat it can be seen that there is a trail of tears glistening on his cheek.
- Shishio's sword is called Mugenjin (Unlimited Blade 無限刃). It was the last killing sword made by Arai Shakku before he made forged Kenshin's Sakabatous. This sword has the unique property of sharpening itself as it cuts and never rusting, thus its name. The blade also used the absorbed oils to ignite from Shishio's unique condition.
- Yumi is played by Takahashi Maryjun, older sister to actress Takahashi Yu.
- Masukami (the ninja with the glasses) is played by Eda Yuka, who played Mibu Sayaka in Fourze. Her name is a reference to the Mibu, the origin of the Shinsengumi who were also known as the ronin of Mibu.
- Beppu Ayumi played Oumime (the other ninja girl). She played MagiPink.
- Kamiki Ryuunosuke (Soujirou) was the Mysterious Boy (Power of Darkness) in Agito.
- Satoh Takeru (Kenshin) was Ryoutarou in Den-O.
- Murata Mitsu plays Uonuma Mausui. He's had various toku roles, including Bishop from Kiva, Douji from Hibiki, and Naitou from Wizard.
- When the fishermen see Shishio's armored ship, they run into the village shouting "a black ship". The others make fun of them saying "were you dreaming of the Bakumatsu" and "it was probably a foreign ship" referring to the famous historical instance of Captain Perry sailing into Japan on a black ship, an event leading to the end of Japan's 200 years of isolationism.
- A policeman refers to Saitou Hajime as Fujita. That's because after the Meji Restoration, he changed his name to Fujita Gorou (藤田 五郎).
- JP Wiki
T-N Release List