Kamen Rider Wizard
|Kamen Rider Wizard|
|Opening theme||Life is SHOW TIME by Kiryuuin Shou of Golden Bomber|
|No. of episodes||53|
Sasaki Hajime (TV Asahi)
Utsunomiya Takaaki (Toei)
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original run||September 2, 2012– September 29, 2013|
|Preceded by||Kamen Rider Fourze|
|Followed by||Kamen Rider Gaim|
September 2, 2012- September 29, 2013
"This fall a new hero will be born! The Kamen Rider this time will be a "wizard"! He uses rings to do a Style Change! He uses the four grand elements to smoothly perform multi-stage transformations!!" - From the TV-Asahi page blurb.
"Emerged from the magical stones, representing the great power in this world. Please release the power of dragon hidden in ring." - English quote from the Wizard Blu-ray box.
In 2012, for the first time there will be a magic wielding Rider. Imbued with the power of magic, jeweled rings allow him to transform, to freely use magic, and to fight evil.
Furthermore, the mask's design is based on the jewel's setting. It adds to the mystical imagery.
Kamen Rider Wizard fights demons that were born on the ritual performed on the solar eclipse. The hero was a survivor of this ritual. The mysterious White Wizard gave him the henshin tool, allowing him to transform into Kamen Rider Wizard. His fate is to protect humanity from the demons.
What was the ultimate goal of the solar eclipse ritual? What is the terrifying power those demons possess? And what fate awaits the one who fights as Wizard?
Expect quirky characters and a mystical story. In the fall of 2012, Kamen Rider Wizard will take over Japan using magic!
 Omokagedou Residents
 Law Enforcement
Chief of Police 署長 - Komiya Takayasu
Doughnuts Shop Owner - KABA.chan
Ryuu the Doughnut Shop Employee - Tayano Ryo
Narration - Voiced by Hirata Hiroaki
The primary antagonists of the series led by Wiseman. They are being born from humans that have high magic potential known as Gates. When a Gate is put into despair, they give birth to a Phantom which they are not considered to be human anymore. They assume the human form they were born from but the human itself exists no more. The current goal of the Phantoms is to create more Phantoms so Wiseman can hold a Sabbath.
- Ghul グール
- From the Arabic word al ghûl which means demon. They have prominent demon horns and show up in numbers. They're the grunts of the series. (Sort of explains why Batman's villain Ra's Al Ghul is always called the head of the demons). They are initially rocks until thrown on the ground. The official TV-Asahi site spells it as "Ghoul".
 Attacks in Wizard
- People with high levels of magic. That means there's a Phantom inside their Underworld. Phantoms are what give people the ability to use magic.
- The world within each of us. The setting changes depending on the specific person. This is usually a scene from the person's memory which represents a moment when they were given hope. One reoccurring theme of this series is that there is a fine line between hope and despair. This is particularly evident in the case of Haruto's Underworld.
- The power of this emotion is what gives people the ability to live. It suppresses the Phantom within them. The moment a Gate gives into despair, the Phantom within starts breaking their Underworld, creating purple cracks on the person. At the end of this process, a Phantom is born, taking the original person's memories and personality. This will usually kill the Gate, but there are exceptions.
- In Haruto's case, he used his hope to conquer the Phantom within him, which allows him to become a mage.
|Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Everyone say Space Kitaaa!!
仮面ライダーフォーゼ THE MOVIE みんなで宇宙キターッ!
|August 4, 2012||Nakashima Kazuki||Sakamoto Koichi||N/A|
|Episode 01||The Mage With the Rings
|September 2, 2012||Kida Tsuyoshi||Nakazawa Shoujirou||7.1%|
|Episode 02||I Want to be a Mage
|September 9, 2012||7.8%|
|Episode 03||Henshin! Live Broadcast
|September 16, 2012||6.4%|
|Episode 04||The Doll and the Pianist
|September 23, 2012||Kida Tsuyoshi||Morota Satoshi||6.6%|
|Episode 05||Final Match of the Contest
|September 30, 2012||6.7%|
|Episode 06||The Beautiful Flower
|October 7, 2012||Komura Junko||Maihara Kenzou||5.4%|
|Episode 07||To Buy a Memory
|October 14, 2012||7.1%|
|Episode 08||A New Magic Stone
|October 21, 2012||Nakazawa Shoujirou||6.5%|
|Episode 09||Dragon's Shout
|October 28, 2012||6.8%|
|Episode 10||National Security Bureau Department 0
|November 11, 2012||Kida Tsuyoshi||Morota Satoshi||5.4%|
|Episode 11||Promise to Protect Till the End
|November 18, 2012||6.3%|
|Episode 12||The Japanese Confectionery, Hope
|November 25, 2012||Komura Junko||Tasaki Ryuuta||5.7%|
|Episode 13||The One to Inherit the Dream
|December 2, 2012||6.4%|
|Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie Taisen Ultimatum
仮面ライダー × 仮面ライダー ウィザード & フォーゼ MOVIE 大戦 アルティメイタム
|December 8, 2012||Sakamoto Koichi||N/A|
|Episode 14||The Movie Director Returns
|December 9, 2012||Komura Junko||Maihara Kenzou||5.6%|
|Episode 15||After the Last Scene
|December 16, 2012||5.1%|
|Episode 16||A Christmas Miracle
|December 23, 2012||Kida Tsuyoshi||Nakazawa Shoujirou||5.4%|
|Episode 17||Another Mage
|January 6, 2013||4.0%|
|Episode 18||Magical Energy is Food
|January 13, 2013||Morota Satoshi||5.2%|
|Episode 19||A Life Today, A Life Tomorrow
|January 20, 2013||5.7%|
|Episode 20||The Truth Approaches
|January 27, 2013||Komura Junko||Ishida Hidenori||6.1%|
|Episode 21||Boisterous Dance of the Dragons
|February 3, 2013||6.5%|
|Episode 22||A Phoenix's Rampage
|February 10, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Nakazawa Shoujirou||6.6%|
|Episode 23||Climactic Battle
|February 17, 2013||6.9%|
|Episode 24||A Mage's Grandmother
|February 24, 2013||Komura Junko||Maihara Kenzou||6.1%|
|Episode 25||Choice for Life
|March 3, 2013||6.0%|
|Episode 26||Infiltrate the School
|March 10, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Morota Satoshi||7.0%|
|March 17, 2013||5.8%|
|Episode 28||Stolen Belt
|March 24, 2013||Komura Junko||Nakazawa Shoujirou||6.0%|
|Episode 29||Evolving Beast
|March 31, 2013||6.3%|
|Episode 30||The Day the Magic Disappeared
|April 7, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Shibasaki Takayuki||7.1%|
|April 14, 2013||5.4%|
|Episode 32||Dangerous Job
|April 21, 2013||Ishibashi Daisuke||Ishida Hidenori||5.3%|
|Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
仮面ライダー × スーパー戦隊 × 宇宙刑事 スーパーヒーロー大戦Z
|April 27, 2013||Yonemura Shouji||Kaneda Osamu||N/A|
|Episode 33||Things Money Can't Buy
|April 28, 2013||Ishibashi Daisuke||Ishida Hidenori||5.4%|
|Episode 34||The Popular Model's Hidden Side
|May 5, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Maihara Kenzou||4.9%|
|Episode 35||The Other Side of Sora
|May 12, 2013||6.5%|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Hyper Battle DVD||Late May||Ishibashi Daisuke||Yamaguchi Kyouhei||N/A|
|Episode 36||The Hill Myna Bird Talks
|May 19, 2013||Ishibashi Daisuke||Morota Satoshi||6.6%|
|Episode 37||Despair is Wanted
|May 26, 2013||6.5%|
|Episode 38||Stolen Hope
|June 2, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Ishida Hidenori||6.8%|
|Episode 39||What Was Forgotten On the Pitch
|June 9, 2013||6.7%|
|Episode 40||I Want to Ride a Bike
|June 23, 2013||Komura Junko||Maihara Kenzou||6.4%|
|Episode 41||Being a Mage is Fate
|June 30, 2013||5.7%|
|Episode 42||The Ring Novelist
|July 7, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Morota Satoshi||5.5%|
|Episode 43||The White Mage's Secret
|July 14, 2013||5.7％|
|Episode 44||A Son's Memento
|July 21, 2013||Komura Junko||Ishida Hidenori||5.7％|
|Episode 45||A Smile in the Heart
|July 28, 2013||5.6％|
|Kamen Rider Wizard the Movie: in Magic Land
劇場版 仮面ライダーウィザード イン マジックランド
|August 3, 2013||Nakazawa Shoujirou||N/A|
|Episode 46||Shattered Feelings
|August 4, 2013||Maihara Kenzou||3.7％|
|Episode 47||The Truth About Wiseman
|August 11, 2013||4.3％|
|Episode 48||The Philosopher's Stone
|August 18, 2013||Kida Tsuyoshi||Morota Satoshi||5.3％|
|Episode 49||The Sabbath Starts
|September 1, 2013||5.6％|
|Episode 50||What's Important
|September 8, 2013||Nakazawa Shoujirou||5.5％|
|Episode 51||The Final Hope
|September 15, 2013||5.2％|
|Episode 52||The Kamen Rider Rings
|September 22, 2013||Aikawa Shou||Ishida Hidenori||5.3％|
|Episode 53||Neverending Story
|September 29, 2013||5.8％|
 Other Releases
- Toei is releasing Japanese dubs for Power Rangers Mystic Force on DVD at the same time that Wizard is being released.
- Except for in previews, opening narration of episode 8, and non-canon movies, Wizard and Beast are never called Kamen Riders. They are instead referred to as mages like ring mage or primordial mage. The word Rider is never mentioned in the show itself.
 DVD/Blu-Ray releases
- Super Climax Heroes
- The first Rider series in a while that Eitoku doesn't portray the second Rider. Due to an injury in August, Eitoku hasn't been able to perform any action work.
- The majority of Wizard apparently takes place in the fictional Toriisaka district 鳥井坂. It's the name of the police station where Rinko is assigned, and the name shows up in other places in the show. This is very similar to the real Toriizaka 鳥居坂 in Tokyo.
- Apparently the magic circles in Wizard mean things! Check this site to see a detailed explanation.