Kamen Rider The First
|Kamen Rider The First|
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Running time||90 minutes|
仮面ライダーTHE FIRST Released in America as Masked Rider The First
Release date: November 5, 2005.
- Hongou Takeshi is captured and remodeled as Hopper 1 by the secret organization known as Shocker.
- He is on a mission to eliminate a man as well as both Midorikawa Asuka and Yano Katsuhiko who are trying to solve the sudden disappearances of certain people.
- Hongou eventually regains his humanity, but he takes the blame for the death of Katsuhiko.
- Shocker sends Hopper 2 to kill Hongou for betrayal.
- Spider attacks Asuka. Hongou saves her as Hopper 1, but she does not know Hongou is the man wearing the Hopper mask.
- Asuka meets the mysterious Ichimonji Hayato who resembles Katsuhiko. While on a date together, they're attacked by Bat. Ichimonji transforms into Hopper 2 to protect Asuka. She thinks Ichimonji as Hopper 1 who saved her from Spider.
- Asuka stops the conflict between Hopper 1 and Hopper 2. She unmasks Hopper 1 and eventually realizes Hongou was the one who saved her earlier.
- Shocker labels Ichimonji as the organization's traitor when they discover his actions are only meant for Asuka.
- Hongou and Ichimonji work together to save Asuka from Shocker.
- Cobra and Snake
- Mitamura Haruhiko was hospitalized for a terminal sickness. He meets a neighbor patient, Harada Miyoko. Eventually, the two fall in love.
- The pair made an agreement to Shocker for curing their sickness. However, they were remodeled as Cobra and Snake instead.
- Now, both of them work for Shocker together.
- Kamen Rider Ichigou (Hopper 1) (仮面ライダー1号 (ホッパー1))
- Kamen Rider Nigou (Hopper 2) (仮面ライダー2号 (ホッパー2))
S.H.O.C.K.E.R. ショッカー (The name is an acronym for "Sacred Hegemony Of Cycle Kindred Evolutional Realm")
- Spider (スパイダー)
- Bat (バット)
- Cobra (コブラ)
- Snake (スネーク)
- Shocker Combatmen (ショッカー戦闘員)
- Shocker Commander (Old gentlemen) (ショッカー幹部・老紳士)
- Shocker Commander (Man) (ショッカー幹部・若者)
- Shocker Commander (Woman) (ショッカー幹部・美女)
- A student in the Jounan University. He is captured by Shocker and remodeled as Hopper 1.
- An assassin who is sent to kill Hongou for betrayal. He resembles to Asuka's late fiancé, Yano Katsuhiko.
- Midorikawa Asuka (緑川あすか) - Komine Rena
- A journalist at Weekly ABBA Company. She is engaged with Yano Katsuhiko.
- Tachibana Toubei (立花藤兵衛) - Miyauchi Hiroshi
- Hongou's motorcycle mechanic.
- Yano Katsuhiko (矢野克彦) - Takano Hassei
- Asuka's fiancé.
- Mitamura Haruhiko / Cobra (三田村晴彦 / コブラ) - Wentz Eiji
- A young man who was hospitalized for a terminal sickness. He falls in love with a neighbor patient, Harada Miyoko.
- Harada Miyoko / Snake (原田美代子 / スネーク) - Kobayashi Ryoko
- A young girl who was hospitalized for a terminal sickness. She falls in love with Mitamura Haruhiko.
- Hongou Takeshi / Kamen Rider Ichigou (Hopper 1) - Kikawada Masaya → 本郷猛 / 仮面ライダー1号 (ホッパー1) - 黄川田将也
- Ichimonji Hayato / Kamen Rider Nigou (Hopper 2) - Takano Hassei → 一文字隼人 / 仮面ライダー2号 (ホッパー2) - 高野八誠
- Midorikawa Asuka - Komine Rena → 緑川あすか - 小嶺麗奈
- Tachibana Toubei - Miyauchi Hiroshi → 立花藤兵衛 - 宮内洋
- Yano Katsuhiko - Takano Hassei (double role) → 矢野克彦 - 高野八誠
- Mitamura Haruhiko / Cobra - Wentz Eiji → 三田村晴彦 / コブラ - ウエンツ瑛士
- Harada Miyoko / Snake - Kobayashi Ryoko → 原田美代子 / スネーク - 小林涼子
- Spider - Itao Itsuji → スパイダー - 板尾創路
- Bat - Tsuda Kanji → バット - 津田寛治
- Shocker Commander (Old gentlemen) - Amamoto Hideyo → ショッカー幹部・老紳士 - 天本英世
- Shocker Commander (Man) - Hentona Issa (DA PUMP) → ショッカー幹部・若者 - 辺土名一茶 (DA PUMP)
- Shocker Commander (Woman) - Sada Mayumi → ショッカー幹部・美女 - 佐田真由美
- Megumi - Nakahodo Hitomi → めぐみ - 仲程仁美
- Minister Representative's Secretary - Honda Hirotaro → 秘書官 - 本田博太郎
- Minister Representative - Ishibashi Renji → 大物代議士 - 石橋蓮司
- Hospital Doctor - Kazama Toru → 医師 - 風間トオル
- Shocker Commander (Old gentlemen) - Maruyama Eiji → ショッカー幹部・老紳士 - 丸山詠二
- Shocker Combatmen - Shiono Katsumi → ショッカー戦闘員 - 塩野勝美
- Kamen Rider Ichigou - Maeda Hiroshi → 仮面ライダー1号 - 前田浩
- Kamen Rider Nigou - Mark Musashi → 仮面ライダー2号 - マーク武蔵
- Spider - Oohashi Akira → スパイダー - 大橋 明
- Bat - Arakawa Makoto → バット - 荒川 真
- Cobra - Yoshida Mizuho → コブラ - 吉田瑞穂
- Snake - Sunaoshi Hiromi → スネーク - 砂押裕美
- Let's Go!! Rider Kick
- Singer: Fuji Kouichi (藤浩一), Mail Harmony (Nippon Columbia)
- Lyrics: Ishinomori Shoutarou (石ノ森章太郎)
- Composer, Arranger: Kikuchi Shunsuke (菊池俊輔)
- Bright! our Future
- Singer: DA PUMP
- Lyrics: ISSA
- Composer: ISSA & YUKINARI
- Arranger: YUKINARI & Tanahashi "UNA" Shinji (棚橋UNA信二)
- Their CD single came with a DVD with a music video for this song.
- Hongou Takeshi is a water crystal researcher for Jounan University. In the movie, it's spelled Jyonan University.
- A theory is that since both Ichimonji and Yano Katsuhiko are portrayed by Takano Hassei, then Shocker took Katsuhiko's body and remodeled him as Ichimonji.
- Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel was used as the filming location for Shocker's base.
- The movie's Manga version apparently ran in the magazine Tokusatsu Ace from February 11, 2006 Issue 227 on. It was supposed to be released in tankoban form, but it never came out.
- Instead of Professor Shinigami (死神博士), the movie credited the villain as Shocker Commander (Old gentlemen), ショッカー幹部・老紳士.
- Inoue Toshiki's father, Igami Masaru, was the main writer of the original Kamen Rider series.
- This is the first Kamen Rider movie directed by Nagaishi Takao. He was a director for some episodes of all the Heisei Kamen Rider series, Kuuga to Decade.
- The one who first arrived after Miyoko's collapse was Asuka. This is how the A plot connects with the B plot.
- From the calendar in Miyoko's room, we know that she collapsed in April 2004.
- The taxi driver (Spider), uses taxi/driving puns when he kills his victims, or when he picks up Miyoko.
The story continues in the Kamen Rider The Next movie.
Home Video Release
The movie was rereleased in Blu-ray format on August 3, 2016 along with the sequel movie.
- Miyauchi Hiroshi (Tachibana) portrayed Kazami Shirou / Kamen Rider V3 on Kamen Rider V3.
- Takano Hassei portrayed Tezuka Miyuki / Kamen Rider Raia on Kamen Rider Ryuki.
- Tsuda Kanji was on Ryuki as well. He portrayed Ookubo Daisuke, Editor-in-Chief of ORE Journal.
- Honda Hirotaro later portrays Kagami Riku on Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Ishibashi Renji later portrays Hikari Eijirou on Kamen Rider Decade.
- Amamoto Hideyo portrayed Professor Shinigami on the original Kamen Rider series. The actor passed away on March 23, 2003. His appearance in this movie was pretty much achieved footages with Maruyama Eiji doing the voice work.
- Hentona Issa (Shocker Commander (Man)) sung Justiφ's for Kamen Rider 555. He was credited as ISSA.
- He is the lead vocalist of DA PUMP for this movie's ending song, Bright! our Future.
- Later, he sings CHOSEN SOLDIER for the sequel movie. He is credited as ISSA again.