Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals
|Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals|
仮面ライダーオーズ WONDERFUL 将軍と21のコアメダル
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Running time||66 minutes|
|Gross revenue||1.76 billion yen|
|Kamen Rider OOO|
|< Ep 44||The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals
|Ep 45 >|
The Kamen Rider OOO summer movie.
Double featured with Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger the Movie: The Flying Ghost Ship.
- Heroes will restore Japan's spirit!
- A more passionate summer than ever before!!
- The secret of the Core Medals! Before the end of the world, OOO goes on a giant adventure!
- (コアメダルの秘密! 世界の終末を前に、オーズが時空を超えた大冒険!)
Apparently, this was a collaborative work between Kamen Rider OOO and the show Abarenbou Shogun (暴れん坊将軍). Matsudaira Ken portrays shogun in both the show and in this movie.
- Kougami unintentionally revives Gara, one of the alchemists who created the Core Medals 800 years ago, while trying to find the Lost Medal. Gara transposes a section of Japan with a section of Germany and begins to amass Core Medals from OOO and the Greeeds. Eiji teams up with Tokugawa Yoshimune and eventually with the other Greeeds to stop Gara from ending the world.
- Kamen Rider Fourze makes his first appearance.
- Kamen Rider OOO Burakawani Combo (仮面ライダーオーズ ブラカワニコンボ)
The limited reptile animals combo only appears in this movie.
- Cobra: Head
- Kame (Turtle): Arms
- Wani (Crocodile): Legs
These three Medals were sent from the king in Europe to the Tokugawa family.
- Gara Dragon (ガラドラゴン)
- Gara's giant dragon form after assembling all the required Core Medals.
- Nue Yummy (鵺ヤミー)
- Voiced by: Kitazawa Riki
- Based on a baboon with features of a leopard and snake, it was created by Gara to get Ankh and Eiji's Core Medals. It has the capability of shooting fire amd jumping great distances. It speaks through the skull on its left hand and can act independently from the main body.
- Knights (ナイト兵)
- Voiced by: Ibuki
- Gara's henchmen. They are dressed in medieval knight garb and use European style swords.
- Gara (ガラ) - Sakai Miki
- One of the four alchemists from 800 years ago who created the Core Medals. Created the Gaja Medal which can hold each of the Core Medals in it. However, this power was sealed away by the king from 800 years ago. Ironically, it was the king's descendant, Kougami, who removes this seal. Gara used all of the Core Medals to become his true form called Gara Dragon.
- Bell (ベル) - Ogino Karin
- Gara's servant(s). Has the appearance of a girl dressed as a jester. She grants people's desires in exchange for money, as a part of Gara's plan to bring the end of the world.
- Wakaba Shun (若葉 駿) - Negishi Taiki
- A boy from the modern era who get caught in the time slip.
- Wakaba Satsuki (若葉五月) - Sakai Miki
- Shun's missing mother. Is the woman who's abducted at the beginning and host to Gara.
- Tokugawa Yoshimune (徳川吉宗) - Matsudaira Ken
- Edo Bakufu's eight shogun. Went among his people as the poor samurai Tokuda Shinnosuke (徳田新之助). Also sings in the ending song, Te Wo Tsunagou. This character is from a TV show called Abarenbou Shogun, and the same actor plays this character in both.
- Crane Arm
- Drill Arm
- Breast Cannon
- Hino Eiji / Kamen Rider OOO - Watanabe Shu → 火野映司 / 仮面ライダーオーズ - 渡部 秀
- Ankh / Izumi Shingo - Miura Ryosuke → アンク / 泉信 吾 - 三浦涼介
- Izumi Hina - Takada Riho → 泉 比奈 - 高田里穂
- Date Akira / Kamen Rider Birth - Iwanaga Hiroaki → 伊達 明 / 仮面ライダーバース - 岩永洋昭
- Gotou Shintarou - Kimijima Asaya → 後藤慎太郎 - 君嶋麻耶
- Satonaka Erika - Arisue Mayuko → 里中エリカ - 有末麻祐子
- Kougami Kousei - Ukaji Takashi → 鴻上光生 - 宇梶剛士
- Shiraishi Chiyoko - Kai Marie → 白石知世子 - 甲斐まり恵
- Maki Kiyoto - Kamio Yuu → 真木清人 - 神尾 佑
- Uva - Yamada Yuusuke → ウヴァ - 山田悠介
- Kazari - Hashimoto Taito → カザリ - 橋本汰斗
- Mezool - Miki Honoka → メズール - 未来穂香
- Gamel - Matsumoto Hiroyuki → ガメル - 松本博之
- Tokugawa Yoshimune - Matsudaira Ken → 徳川吉宗 - 松平 健
- Wakaba Shun - Negishi Taiki → 若葉 駿 - 根岸泰樹
- Wakaba Satsuki / Gara - Sakai Miki → 若葉五月 / ガラ - 酒井美紀
- Bell - Ogino Karin → ベル - 荻野可鈴
- Punk - Karahashi Mitsuru → ロッカー - 唐橋 充
- Kamen Rider Girls
- Kisaragi Gentarou / Kamen Rider Fourze - Fukushi Sota → 如月弦太朗 / 仮面ライダーフォーゼ - 福士蒼汰
- Joujima Yuuki - Shimizu Fumika → 城島ユウキ - 清水富美加
- Mezool - Yukana → メズール - ゆかな
- Gara - Ohtomo Ryuzaburo → ガラ - 大友龍三郎
- Nue Yummy - Kitazawa Riki → 鵺ヤミー - 北沢 力
- Knights - Ibuki → ナイト兵 - 勇吹輝
- O Scanner - Kushida Akira → オースキャナー - 串田アキラ
- Birth Driver, Narration - Nakata Jouji → バースドライバー、ナレーション - 中田譲治
- Kamen Rider OOO/Birth/Fourze - Takaiwa Seiji → 仮面ライダーオーズ、 仮面ライダーバース、仮面ライダーフォーゼ - 高岩成二
- Kamen Rider Birth - Eitoku → 仮面ライダーバース - 永 徳
- Gara, Nue Yummy - Fujii Yugo → ガラ、鵺ヤミー - 藤井祐伍
- Uva - Okada Kazuya → ウヴァ - 岡田和也
- Kazari - Watanabe Jun → カザリ - 渡辺 淳
- Gamel - Takada Masashi → ガメル - 高田将司
- Mezool - Fujita Satoshi → メズール - 藤田 慧
- Te wo Tsunagou ~Matsuken × Kamen Rider Samba~
- Lyrics: Fujibayashi Shoko
- Composer, Arranger: Naruse Shuhei
- Singer: Matsudaira Ken feat. Eiji × Ankh (Watanabe Shu & Miura Ryosuke)
- Anything Goes!
- When Eiji is flipping through the channels on the TV, the opening logo for Abarenbou Shogun appears.
- When Hina throws Date's Medal tank to Eiji, he replies back to Hina with "Hina-chan, nice". It's very similar to how Date replies back to Gotou when he does something good.
- When Eiji transforms into Birth, he does the Medal flip like Date but when putting the Medal into the Birth Driver, the motion is similar to how he moves the OOO scanner
- This is the only time when Eiji becomes Birth.
- Ankh gives up his personal Medal to Eiji so that he can transform into OOO. The only other time this happens is in the TV series finale.
- When Shin-san rides in on his horse, a castle can be seen in the background. In this scene he's wearing a robe and brandishing a sword with the Tokugawa Crest, yet Eiji still refers to him as Tokuda-san. Kamen Rider Poseidon's belt sort of looks like the Tokugawa Crest upside down. He also has purple swords. Purple being a color usually just for royalty. Burakawani form, which uses the Tokugawa Medals, also has purple eyes.
- Of the OOO clones, the real one would have to be either the Tatoba or Burakawani forms, since only the original would have those Medals. At the end, the only one left is the Tatoba form, so the Burakawani one was just a clone borrowing the Tokugawa Medals. The real one could be Putotyra as well since those Medals only exist inside of Eiji's body.
- At the end, Shun's mother asks Shun to pick between two presents, in the same way Bell offered a choice. Since Gara is probably male, it's probably okay to conclude that Bell is an offshoot of Shun's mother.
- When Ankh holds Hina's hand, it's with the right Ankh hand. Hina, Ankh, and Eiji all hold hands again in the last episode too.
- The ending animation that runs during the ending song is a puppet theater-looking retelling of the movie's story. The animation is something like Terry Gilliam's work on Monty Python.
- Movie is named Wonderful, the English equivalent to Kougami's frequently shouting "Subarashii!"
- Eiji: But that's your Medal!
- Ankh: As long as you don't lose it, I can be restored.
The movie is now canon to the OOO TV series.
- Reasons for it being canon
- Gara's giant Medal can be seen in Kougami's treasure room in the last few episodes.
- The Cobra, Kame and Wani medals make a cameo appearance in the finale.
- Reasons that it's not canon
- People have stated that there is never a time when Eiji has the combination of Medals that he does in the TV series, but this was probably just an unimportant detail that was ignored.
- Burakawani form is never seen in the TV series, nor are the events in the movie mentioned in the TV series.
- The Greeeds joining together and Date still being Birth isn't possible. When Mezool and Gamel are revived, Uva lost his body afterwards. When Uva finally joins with the rest of the Greeeds, Date isn't Birth anymore. Also, Lost Ankh doesn't appear in the movie at all.
Aired from July 8 to August 12 with a total of 23 episodes.
|Distributor||Toei Video (Retail)|
|Release date(s)||June 21, 2012|
|Running time||73 minutes|
An extension of the movie with additional footages that are not shown in the theatrical cut.
It should be noted that this is the first Kamen Rider movie director's cut to be released on Blu-ray. All previous director's cuts have been released on DVD only. The back of the cover claims that there are about seven minutes of new footage.
Notable Differences. Pic highlighting the differences.:
- More scenes of Birth fighting off the soldiers in the beginning.
- Scene of Tokyo's city in Germany. It looks like a bad Photoshop job, which might explain why it was cut.
- Eiji comforting the boy scene is extended.
- Girls with the top-knot hair style.
- Shows the ancient king killing Gara in the past. Gara was working on the Burakawani Medals at the time, maybe that's why that set was never completed.
- Extended Chance Time scene.
- An additional line by Gara after switching a portion of modern day Japan with Edo and minor rearrangement during that scene.
- Date looking around for his Medal tank before realizing he lost it on the other side.
- When Gara created the Nue Yummy, he said that Eiji is no longer needed since he's OOO now and can live until Eiji stops giving Medals.
- Eiji doing a poor job explaining the situation to the villagers.
- Eiji mentioning Date's Cell Medals when Ankh needed to recover.
- Chiyoko handing out ice cream to the villagers scene extended.
- Date and Gotou pondering their next move is extended at the beginning along with a small extension of Chance Time.
- Small extensions after part of Japan is flipped with Jurassic era Japan with Date and Kougami getting some additional lines. Gara notes that one more before he becomes OOO before cutting to the real world view of the scale.
- Minor changes during the scene where Date and Gotou examine the barrier.
- Hina puts a blanket on Ankh as he sleeps.
- Kougami messing with his top-knot in a mirror.
- Gara accepting Kougami's request is slightly extended.
- Gotou and Data load the Birth Buster cartridge for the attack on the barrier.
- Eiji's decision extended.
- Eiji and Hina realizing Tokuda's real identity.
- Date and Gotou using CLAWs to blast through the barrier.
- Shun and mom embracing.
- Mezool convincing Gamel to give up his Medals.
- The ending animation is a lot easier to see and the song is extended.
Takaiwa Seiji onset as OOO's stunt actor
T-N Release List