List of Character Name References
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Dai Sentai GoggleV
- The family names of the GoggleV reflect their hero colour designation.
- Jyuden Sentai Kyouryuuger
- The first one or two letters of the names of the Kyoryuuger spell out Da-I-No-So-A, which which is the katakana sound for the word "dinosaur". The first one or two letters of the family names of the Kyoryuuger spell out K-Yo-U-R-Yuu, i.e. "kyoryuu", meaning dinosaur.
- JyuKen Sentai GekiRanger
- The family names of the main three GekiRangers spell kan-u-fu "kung fu".
- Mahou Sentai MagiRanger
- The first syllable of the Ozu siblings' given names (from oldest to youngest) spells Mahoutsukai which means Magician in Japanese.
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
- All the given names in this series are written in katakana. The Buddyroid's names use a part of their partner's names as well as a food that their animal motif eats.
- Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger
- All the DekaRanger's names are based on tea names as well as mystery authors.
- Agri - Latin for "soil/ground".
- Akashi Satoru - Aka is a pun on "red" in Japanese.
- Alata - Latin for "winged".
- Emoto Kuniteru - Emoto is an anagram of Otome.
- Hayami Kouhei - Kouhei means fairness, which is what scales represent.
- Inoue Masumi - Sumi means "ink" which is black like BoukenBlack.
- Iseki Jirou - Iseki is almost inseki, the Japanese word for "meteorite".
- Joujima Yuuki - Name is based on Jouji Yuuki
- JK - Shares initials with Jin Keisuke. His musician name Gene is also a pun on Jin. His friend's nickname, God, is a reference to Kamen Rider X's enemy.
- Kazashiro Miu - Name is based on Kazami Shirou
- Kisaragi Gentarou - The rou in Gentarou has a moon in the radical for its kanji.
- Mamiya Natsuki - Na is the kanji for the plant "rapeseed" which has a yellow flower.
- Mogami Souta - Sou means "blue" like BoukenBlue.
- Nishihori Sakura - Sakura is a pink flower.
- Nozama Tomoko - Nozama is Amazon spelled backwards. Tomo means "friend".
- Sakuta Ryuusei - Ryuusei means "shooting star"
- Sonoda Sarina - Name is an anagram of "sasori na no da".
- Takaoka Eiji - Eiji is a pun on AG which is the scientific symbol for "silver".
- Tatsugami Kou - Family name is similar to tategami or "lion's mane". Kou means "roar".
- Wajima Shigeru - The wa in his name means "circle" and is part of the word for yubiwa/ring.