Garo ~Yami wo Terasu Mono~
|Garo ~The One to Shine Light Into the Darkness~|
|General Director||Yokoyama Makoto|
|Voices of||Kageyama Hironobu|
by Ootomo Kouhei
|No. of episodes||25|
|Fan Rating||3.75 / 5 Stars|
|Original channel||TV Tokyo|
|Time||1:23 am Sat|
|Original run||April 6, 2013– September 21, 2013|
|Preceded by||Garo Gaiden: Tougen no Fue|
|Followed by||Garo -Gold Storm- Shou|
Garo ~The One to Shine Light Into the Darkness~ 牙狼～闇を照らす者～
Airs Saturday mornings at 1:23 AM.
In a distant future, the Garo armor has lost much of its power and golden shine. A young man named Dougai Ryuuga proves himself worthy of pulling out the Garo Ken, taking the title of Garo. His current mission is to travel to Volcity ボルシティ, a metropolis on the outskirts of a volcano, and hunt Horrors.
- Dougai Ryuuga / Golden Knight Garo 道外流牙
- Played by Kuriyama Wataru (栗山 航)
- Dougai means "off the path" or maybe "strayed from the path". Maybe "heretic"? Ryuu means "style" or "flow". Ga means "fang".
- Kusugami Aguri / Heavenly Bow Knight Guy 楠神哀空吏
- Played by Aoki Tsunenori (青木玄徳)
- Jakuzure Takeru / Flaming Blade Knight Zen 蛇崩 猛竜
- Played by Ikeda Junya (池田純矢)
- Makai Priest Rian 莉杏
- Played by Nanri Miki (南里美希)
- Makai Priest Burai 符礼
- Played by Ootomo Kouhei (大友康平)
- Enhou 燕邦
- Played by Sato Hiroko (佐藤寛子)
- An SG-1 cop. Doesn't wear a face mask like the other cops.
- Madou Ring Zaruba 魔導輪ザルバ
- Voiced by Kageyama Hironobu (影山ヒロノブ)
- Kaneshiro Tousei 金城滔星
- Played by Tsuda Kanji (津田寛治)
- The fourth son of the Kaneshiro family who was expelled from the family, and his mother is different from that of his siblings. He currently runs a local steak house.
- Rivera リベラ
- Played by Imura Kumi (井村空美)
- The announcer for the show News Time.
- Sonshi 尊士
- Played by Kurata Yasuaki (倉田保昭)
- A man only seen wearing glasses and black gloves.
- Hakana 波奏
- Played by Yokoyama Megumi (横山めぐみ)
- Ryuuga's late mother.
|Garo Yami 01||流 Ryuuga||Flow||April 6, 2013||Yokoyama Makoto||N/A|
|Garo Yami 02||波 Gold wave||Wave||April 13, 2013||Era Itaru||N/A|
|Garo Yami 03||迷 Dungeon||Maze||April 20, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 04||夢 Dream||Dream||April 27, 2013||Kaneda Ryuu||N/A|
|Garo Yami 05||夢 Nightmare||Dream||May 4, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 06||響 Rock||Echo||May 11, 2013||Taguchi Kei||Shimoda Akihito||N/A|
|Garo Yami 07||住 Dining||Inhabit||May 18, 2013||Era Itaru||Kaneda Ryuu||N/A|
|Garo Yami 08||乱 Scoop||Disorder||May 25, 2013||Yokoyama Makoto||N/A|
|Garo Yami 09||乱 Sonshi||Disorder||June 1, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 10||誓 Promise||A vow||June 8, 2013||Taguchi Kei||Abe Mitsuyoshi||N/A|
|Garo Yami 11||虜 Desire||Captive||June 15, 2013||Fujihira Hisako||N/A|
|Garo Yami 12||報 Trap||Information||June 22, 2013||Yokoyama Makoto||N/A|
|Garo Yami 13||狩 Hunting||Hunt||June 29, 2013||Umeda Sumiko||Umetsu Yoshiomi||N/A|
|Garo Yami 14||腐 Hyena||Spoil||July 6, 2013||Fujihira Hisako||Kaneda Ryuu||N/A|
|Garo Yami 15||謎 Hint||Mystery||July 13, 2013||Taguchi Kei||Umetsu Yoshiomi||N/A|
|Garo Yami 16||友 Lost||Friend||July 20, 2013||Era Itaru||Abe Mitsuyoshi||N/A|
|Garo Yami 17||裏 Tousei||Hidden side||July 27, 2013||Yokoyama Makoto||N/A|
|Garo Yami 18||闘 War||Battle||August 3, 2013||Taguchi Kei||N/A|
|Garo Yami 19||光 Hope||Light||August 10, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 20||母 Mother||Mother||August 17, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 21||義 Justice||Justice||August 24, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 22||礼 Master||Gratitude||August 31, 2013||Era Itaru||N/A|
|Garo Yami 23||輝 Gold||Brilliance||September 7, 2013||Yokoyama Makoto||N/A|
|Garo Yami 24||照 Future||Shine||September 14, 2013||N/A|
|Garo Yami 25||道 Beginning||Path||September 21, 2013||Era Itaru||Umetsu Yoshiomi||N/A|
The episode titles appear to feature an English title and a single kanji to summarize it.
Makai - The Makai Realm is the world of demons. The kanji for makai in the Garo series means something else, but for all intents and purposes, it just means all things related to the world of demons.
Inga - The dark side. Literally "the yin part of oneself".
Inga Horrors - These Horrors come from the Makai Realm through Gates. Gates are usually inanimate objects with bad karma associated with them. Inga Horrors prey upon weak people, possessing them, in order to use their bodies to feed on other people.
Madou - Heresy. Some of the works created by the Makai Priests are labeled as such. Garo's ring, Zaruba, is a Madou Ring for example.
Madou Horrors - These Horrors break the pattern of previous Garo enemies. They're Horrors that are created in a different way from Inga Horrors. These people who are possessed are not necessarily weak-minded, so Inga Horrors wouldn't be able to possess them. On the contrary, Madou Horrors tend to be strong people. Madou Horrors also cannot be detected using conventional Makai Knight/Priest techniques.
- Aoki Tsunenori later portrays Sengoku Ryouma in Kamen Rider Gaim.
- Ikeda Junya was previously GokaiSilver on the show Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- Sato Hiroko has been in other toku shows such as Faiz, RyuKenDo, and Decade.
- Imura Kumi was co-stars with Hiroko in RyuKenDo. She played the main heroine, Sakyou Rin. She plays a newscaster named Rivera. Her credit is right next to Sato Hiroko's credit in the first episode ending.
- Tsuda Kanji previously played Rekka's father in the Garo Red Requiem movie. He has had many cameo roles in toku, perhaps being best known for his role as Editor-in-Chief in Ryuki and Takeru's father in Shinkenger.
- Kurata Yasuaki previously played Akashi's father in Boukenger the Movie.
- Ootomo Kouhei was in Garo ~Makai Senki~ episode 8. He played the ronin Juuzou.
- Switch On Sansei R&D! apparently creates pachinko machines. There are a lot of Garo themed pachinko machines, and apparently Sansei helped make them.
- Footage from Yami was shown in the first episode of the live Patlabor TV series.File:GaroInPatlabor.jpgFile:GaroInPatlaborCredits.jpg
- Theme of Yami wo Terasu Mono
- Theme of the one to light the darkness 「THEME OF 闇を照らす者」
- Composer: Kuriyama Yoshichika, Terada Shiho
- Isshokusokuhatsu ~Trigger of Crisis~
- Touch and Go ~Trigger of Crisis~ 「一触即発 〜Trigger of Crisis〜」
- Singer: JAM Project
Lyrics, Composer: Kageyama Hironobu
Arranger: Kuriyama Yoshichika, Terada Shiho
- Singer: JAM Project feat. Okui Masami
Lyrics, Composer: Okui Masami
Arranger: Kuriyama Yoshichika, Terada Shiho
T-N Release List
|Click to expand|