|Episode Side Story|
|Original air date||October 27, 2006|
|< Spirits of Heroes||Smile 笑顔||Beast of the White Night >|
A special episode that appeared as bonus footage on the final DVD release of the original Garo series.
Important things that happened
- Mitsuki Kaoru - Hijii Mika → 御月カオル - 肘井美佳
- Painting God - Hotaru Yukijiro → 絵画の神 - 螢雪次朗
- Painting Goddess - Fukui Mina → 絵画の女神 - 福井未菜
- Smiling Kouga/Kodama - Mark Musashi → 笑顔の鋼牙/コダマ - マーク武蔵
- Ker - Watanabe Keaki → 三神官・ケイル - 渡辺けあき
- Ber - Okamoto Anri → 三神官・ベル - 岡本杏理
- Ros - Kashiwa Yukina → 三神官・ローズ - 柏幸奈
- Young Kaoru - Katsuchi Kanami → 御月カオル（幼少時） - 甲地夏波
- Opening narration - Ward Sexton
- Mitsuki Karin - Kobayashi Asako → 御月かりん - 小林麻子
- Mitsuki Yuuji - Murai Katsuyuki → 御月由児 - 村井克行
- Silva - Orikasa Ai → シルヴァ - 折笠愛
- Zaruba - Kageyama Hironobu → ザルバ - 影山ヒロノブ
- Zaruba and Silva's actors appear in person in this special.
- Artists that Karou names are Diego Velázquez, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Johannes Vermeer. She also mentions Jan van Eyck and Sacrifice of Isaac by Bartolomeo Cavarozzi. She notes that Marc Chagall is missing.
- Asami plays the Goddess of the Painting, and asks Kaoru if she dropped the golden pencil or her regular one. Kaoru greedily says the golden one is hers, so the Goddess takes both away as punishment. This is a parody of the Golden Axe or Aesop's The Honest Woodcutter fable. In the Japanese version, Hermes is often replaced by a goddess or a water sprite.
- When Kodama talks, he lets out a rant in English. But for some reason, Kaoru assumes that he has a Kansai accent.