You ask questions, we'll give you answers of some sort.
Return to the Main Page?
- 1 I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh and...
- 2 My video is squished!
- 3 So about your early Shinkenger and Decade HD encodes
- 4 What do SD/HD stand for?
- 5 Why do you release SDs before the HD versions
- 6 I need software help
- 7 Downloading from IRC
- 8 What are those numbers in brackets at the end of the files?
- 9 Can I ask if you're going to sub this series/movie?
- 10 Man, these shows sure are Japanese. Can I get some help with that?
- 11 When I reencode your older videos the audio/video is out of sync. How do I fix that?
- 12 How can I upload new files? I can't find the "Upload file" button in the sidebar.
- 13 Related Articles
I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh and...
No, we don't have raws of the Toei anime. Those tapes belonged to a member who left. Don't bother us with this.
My video is squished!
Some of the early video encodes had the wrong aspect ratio set. If you're watching it on your computer, you can fix this by fiddling with your aspect ratio. You can also use programs to rewrite the header so that it uses the correct aspect ratio setting.
So about your early Shinkenger and Decade HD encodes
We know there's compatibility issues. There are no current plans to rerelease them, however.
What do SD/HD stand for?
SD = Standard definition, HD = High definition. Basically HD = 720p or 1080p, bigger resolution and file size for more quality.
Why do you release SDs before the HD versions
SDs are smaller and faster to encode. They're smaller and faster to upload. Sorry if the answer isn't very interesting.
I need software help
We've got a page just for that: Useful Software.
Downloading from IRC
We've got a page just for that: Downloading from IRC
What are those numbers in brackets at the end of the files?
Those are used to calculate the CRC, which checks to make sure your file is complete. You can use a program called RapidCRC to double check it, handy if you're having playback problems.
Can I ask if you're going to sub this series/movie?
We have a thread] for submitting those questions. In general, the answer is probably "no" unless it's directly related to one of our other projects.
Man, these shows sure are Japanese. Can I get some help with that?
Sure! We have a list on the wiki of articles related to Japanese stuff.
- List of possible articles that might be of interest:
- Page of Japanese terms that appear in the shows
- List of terms for "you"
- List of Familial Terms
- List of Japanese Foods
- List of Japanese Idioms
- List of Japanese Naming Tropes
- List of Japanese Slang
- List of 4 kanji proverbs called Yojijukugo
- List of Sentai Robo Names
- Translating Japanese Names
- Toei English Mistakes
When I reencode your older videos the audio/video is out of sync. How do I fix that?
Try opening it in Virtualdub. Set video and audio to direct stream. Then clip off the splash. The splash at the beginning might be what's causing the audio desync.
- Send me (takenoko) a request for permission to upload.
Return to the Main Page?